Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:Way off topic.. Thunderbird
I know a few of you use Thunderbird and the Mozilla group looks almost dead. So what's up with the newest version? In newsgroups I can't expand all links using Ctrl* . The old version had a problem...
10
10

best way to retain landscape rocks on hill?
Almost 2 years ago, I installed landscape fabric and blue rug junipers in our front yard, which is sloped quite a bit. I was tired of mowing it, and I knew we would be moving, so I wanted it to be low...
3
3

Rider mower needs safety switch
I have never liked the safety switches often found on rider-mowers. In fact, in the past I have disconnected them as a nuisance. I bought a used rider this summer, and wouldn't you know - I was...
16
16

Fluorescent Light Problem
I have two 2 40 watt-bulb fixtures in my kitchen. The fixtures are probably about 12-15 years old. Recently I changed the bulbs in one fixture because they were getting pretty dim. The new bulbs that...
13
13

Masonry blade
I'm fixing to fire up my new used 10" masonry saw and cut some pavers. The blade on there doesn't seem to have many diamonds. It also has no slits. I will fire it up and see how it cuts. I did check...
4
4

Hamilton Beach 80344 Custom Grind Coffee Grinder
In order to get it to operate a barb on the rim of the grinding chamber cover manipulates a tab on the rim of the grinding chamber when the cover is screwed on to the chamber. The tab is attached to a...

Cost of freon 22
I was just charged 28 dollars a pound for freon 22, did I get taken.
13
13

Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does this sign mean
I have an electronic Kenmore refrigerator 596.50013100. I bought it from a private party over a year ago and it has been working great until now. It seems very well made, overall. Yesterday it started...
27
27

Concrete cutting blade
Can a circular saw use a concrete cutting blade to then cut concrete blocks?
12
12

small nick in Formica counter top
A cousin put a small (twice the size of a pin head) nick in my wife's new "linen" color counter top. Has anyone had success in patching such nicks with the "Counter Top Repair Kits" that are sold?...
6
6

Painting Cpvc?
I'm painting my basement walls and have a hot/cold CPVC drop running down the wall for the washer. Can I paint the CPVC using a latex paint? Thanks,
8
8

Replacing a 26 year old air conditioner! (Westinghouse Mobilaire)
We have a White Westinghouse "Mobilaire" air conditioner, installed through the dining room wall, that has finally given up the ghost. It was here when we bought the house, and we've been here 20...
10
10

Best Flashing Sealant
Looking for opinions on non-asphalt-based sealants that are UV stable. I have seen polyurethane, butyl, acrylic and silicone. (1) Which of these formulations do you think is best? (2) Please suggest a...
4
4

Slow Flowing Drain
Hi, We have a slow flowing shower drain Our bathtub and shower are separate, with a wall between them where the faucets come out. (The house was built in 1949) We're planning to have a plumber fix it....
6
6

Seven most outrageous HOA rules
No-flag rule: "After receiving support from members of Congress, and even the Obama administration, Medal of Honor recipient Van T. Barfoot, who once singlehandedly took on three Nazi tanks, triumphed...
90
90