Subject Author Posted Replies

OSB work deck treatment
I'm moving my "wood shop" into a new covered space. The floor will be OSB. It seems to me that I have options on the treatment of the OSB floor. I can stain/paint it or cover it with something else....
9
9

Car door ding
Has anyone used a dent remover from auto parts stores & do they work ?
18
18

Exterior House Painting: Do You Need a Primer?
Do you need a primer when putting white latex house paint over white latex house paint?
9
9

Storm Windows: Long Lasting Plastic?
Is there any long lasting plastic for storm windows? (the rolls you can buy seem to fall apart after a year or so).
1
1

12" rough-in toilets actually measure 10"?
I was shopping in Lowes tonight for a basic toilet to replace an old one we have in a rental. The original one in the rental is 10" rough when I measured from the flange studs to the wall. Lowes only...
24
24

How often?
Ok, here's a smelly subject. How often should a toilet be flushed? By this I mean, after every use? With the price of water & sewage bill, which reaches near $100 per month for a household of 3. I say...
26
26

hole in bottom coil of condensor coil, can it be repaired
My 5 ton R22 Heil (~5-10yr old) gave up in the form of a hole in the bottom-most condensor coil. The hole is about 1/8" in diameter and there is some oil around it but not much that couldn't be...
12
12

Storing garden hoses and extension cords?
There must be a better way! I neatly coil my hose or cords and hang them from a support for storage. When I unwind them, they invariably get twisted and eventually, they kink. Short of using cord/hose...
16
16

Weird Electrical Problem
I have a main power box outside with two 50-amp breakers and one 30-amp breaker. A voltage test shows 120 volts passing through them. Three of my six 20 amp breakers in the inside box are not...
19
19

A "more-liquid" clear sealant (for countertop)?
I have a new Formica-type/laminate kitchen countertop. Rather than it being a post-formed one piece construction, it is made where the backsplash is a separate piece that is glued to the countertop....
3
3

Roofing Cement or Construction Adhesive for Lifted Shingle?
It's been my observation that roofing cement doesn't have much adhesive quality at least for awhile after application. I need to cement down a tab where the tab is bent upward slightly and would like...
4
4

How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??
I live in North Florida. There is a yellow jacket bee hive in a big clump of pampass grass (sawgrass), that I can't get rid of. I have used the long-shot Black Flag sprays, using a total of (3 ) 18 oz...
82
82

finishing a north-facing garage door II
couple of questions regarding the above. q1) Does it make sense to use a stripper to get off all the old product on this surface? q2) The second photo shows the worst part of the door. (I do have a...
6
6

How to clean out compressor tank
Hi, I just bought a large air tank on ebay to use with my air compressor. The guy said I should wash it out though before I use it. I'm kinda worried about what kind of chemicals might be in it since...
11
11

threshold in, solid as a rock, thanks
got a really good finish on this threshold, and I think my calculus for creating the color matches the other ones. I'll put on a skirt on the bottom tomorrow, but otherwise, it's done. Still accepting...
6
6