Subject Author Posted Replies

Window well covers
I am posting this for someone else, but I would also be interested in any responses since I will be doing something similar at a property of my own. He wrote, "Need some suggestions on how to cover...
10
10

Electrical box
Ok, so I'm probably making more of this than I need to ... I am replacing outlets to match new paint in a room and did not notice that one electrical box still has the old screw in the bottom hole ......
22
22

Bending Gray PVC Conduit
I was looking at a building under construction and they are puting on the gray PVC electrical conduit. They made some bends around obstacles that I did not think were possible. I've bent EMT metal...
14
14

Antique Electrical Devices - Website
I just stumbled across this website that has lots of really old electrical devices. Pretty interesting. have a 10,000 watt lightbulb. I need one of those for a night light :) At 120v it would require...

hydraulic cement --- expansive cement --- cracking?
When using an expansive ("hydraulic") cement, is it possible that the expansion could cause cracking in the existing structure due to too much expansion? I have a pipe with an OD of about 4" going...
17
17

Split Receptacle GFI outlet. Do they exist?
Got a 15 amp split receptable mounted on a studded basement wall for a washing machine and gas dryer. I want to install a laundry tub about 4 feet away. Code here says that outlet has go to be gfci...
31
31

Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61 tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?
Have you ever opened up your laptop battery to replace the lithium ion cells inside (if so, I could use the help as I'm stuck). Here are the pictures of the operation on a Lenovo X61 tablet PC 8-cell...
30
30

Maintenance at 1700 feet
Watch this video. I'm sticking with my ground job I cannot imagine how much these guys get paid, or else they get a couple of rednecks with a few beers....
24
24

Toilet clog problem
My toilet has been plugging up a lot recently. I do not think it is the trap in the toilet because when I put a toilet auger down the toilet, it did not hit the clog until it was about 26 inches down....
23
23

Wiring question
Okay. I changed out a light switch that controlled the light above my kitchen table and the light outside of the nearest door on our deck. I carefully matched the top right on the new with the top...
7
7

Removing paint
I bought a house & the previous owner got Yellow paint on the end of the kitchen cabinets about 1/2" along the wall. He probally never heard of masking tape. Is there anyway to remove this paint...
8
8

curtains
'm fishing for tips on installing curtains, which I have done serially in my life. This is my gossamer voyage into a curtain installation for myself. Working in the heavy industries we would refer to...
4
4

Removing green moss
The siding on my garage is just plywood covered with wood stain. The stain was wearing out so I'm restaining it. The bottom few inches of the wall in some places behind some bushes, has green moss on...
10
10

sheet vinyl costs
look for another place. home depot is advertising a whole house install on any floor covering for $39. sometimes you get what you pay for though.
1
1

Lowes Drywall Settlement?