Subject Author Posted Replies

Home projects
Have not posted here in a year I bet. Since I was not doing much during COVID, I decided to get around to the home repair projects I've been putting off for 20 years. Not only did I get most of them...
35
35

OT. Food Waste
Supposedly, forty percent of the food produced in the U.S. is wasted. <> Stop throwing your food away.
44
44

Sweet and Sour Pork
-- At Mamahuhu, a Chinese takeout restaurant in San Francisco, a sense of history and appreciation for American Chinese cuisine is applied to a few classics Mining historical Cantonese sweet-and-sour...

RV Standby Generators
I'm researching for someone else. The RV isn't where I can look at it. What do I need to know about generators for these things? Three prong is evidently 30 amp and four prong is 50 amp. An inverter...
41
41

Once Bitten, Twice Shy??
A guy sitting on his toilet was bitten by a python that apparently got away from his neighbor. <> The reptile apparently escaped from a neighbor’s apartment and may have reached the man’s toilet...
4
4

Cooker Extractor Fan Outlet and External Gas Pipe
I am refurbishing my kitchen and the only suitable exterior wall that I have to fit a cooker extraction fan outlet into, (for an electric cooker), also has an exterior gas pipe fastened to it. It is...

OT. National Fried Chicken Day
There's another holiday if commemorating our country's birth wasn't enough. <> When is National Fried Chicken Day 2018 and how should you celebrate? We've got the best activities, recipes, and deals...
5
5

Gas in double pane windows
like argon is a sakes buzz word. Look it up. Very little difference in heat transfer btw dry air and argon. If i ever get condensation and is out of warrenty, im thinking of installing a tube stub at...
2
2

Gaps in my Composite Vinyl 12 in tiles
My new Armstrong CVT tiles were just installed. The seams are too wide. Looks not so great. What's the best way to fill in the gaps? Grout, Caulk? What type?
5
5

OT. Queen #1
on ITunes. <> CCR's Greatest Hits was in the Top 10 for awhile. What Year Is It? The Number 1 and 2 Albums on iTunes Are 40 (Queen) and 50 (Joni Mitchell) Years Old | Showbiz411 What Year Is It? The...
15
15

OT. Lightning Smacks a Car in Kansas.
No one hurt. <>There was a story years ago of lightning hitting a biker traveling down I-80 in Nebraska. He was supposedly buried with his helmet. A camera captures the dramatic moment a bolt of...
11
11

OT. Rosalynn & JC. 75 years
Former President Carter and wife will celebrate 75 years together in a couple days. <> Former President Jimmy Carter and ex-First Lady Rosalynn Carter are still together in the same tiny Georgia town...

What makes s mirrror suitable for the nearsighted
Invention In the 1960s, Nan Grey [the cute actress, who had an important role in Dracula's Daughter] invented and marketed a cosmetic mirror especially suited to nearsighted women. An obituary noted,...
5
5

OT. The Signers of the Declaration
Radio host Paul Harvey talks about the men who signed the Declaration of Independence. Some lost their fortunes, families, and lives. 8:42 <>""For the support of this declaration, with firm reliance...
34
34

Win 11 will sink into the horizon
ms " no more new versions" was bs as always. Im maxing out xp and s-canning all dealings with billy gates outfit. Plenty of old software that actually runs better for basic business computing tasks....
31
31