Subject Author Posted Replies

Nutone IK-25 Door Intercom schematic
I just bought an Nutone IK-25 door intercom. However, the documentation is pretty bad. I actually wanted a schematic of the master unit, but Nutone says they don't even have it as the product is...
4
4

Plumbing vent
I'm moving my kitchen sink over about 5'. I don't want to use the existing wall drain as running the pipe over does not provide enough drop, so I've cut the iron drain below and installed a no hub to...
6
6

How many wires in one junction box?
I'm getting ready to put in some recessed lighting. I'll have six lights in a rectangular room: one on each short end and two on each long side. The access above makes it easiest to run all the wires...
17
17

I don’t get who profits from this.
More on the subject of corporate greed (sometimes called mergers and acquisitions). The authors Kurt Vornnegut and Joseph Heller were guests at a lavish party at a Long Island beach home thrown by a...
2
2

Sensor Faucets for Sinks
Is it just me, or does everyone cuss at these sensor faucets they put in public restrooms? They're a major pain in the ass. You got to dance around to get your hands in the right place, and sometimes...
27
27

Where to buy a shinny metal box?
I want to put together an ultraviolet air cleaner. Commercial ones are either too expensive, or too small. I've located all the parts (the lamp and the ballast) except the case. Any idea where to buy...
15
15

Concrete Driveway Repair by City Public Works
Recently I have identified a water main line leak near my property. Specifically just outside my property line but under my concrete driveway. I reported to the city public works and utilities and...
11
11

PT wood
I walked over to my woodpile to pick out a few pieces for a small job. I had some 2x6 PT stacked on the ground - these pieces had been there about 3 years. I turn them over and ....... riddled with...
41
41

Alt Valv Leaks
WHen I turn on the cold water, water flows from the hot valve I've seen the same for years in a medical school library (ie public) restroom, and they never seem to fix it either. My sink is from 1977,...
2
2

Best underlayment for short retaining wall.
I'm putting in a 2 course retaining wall around some shrubs in raised beds in the front yard where previously there were landscape timbers. Since I was only going up 2 courses (8") I just figured to...
3
3

Should they ban BOOB LIGHT FIXTURES?
for fun, I'm tempted to put two of these right next to each other. I guess that would mean putting an electrical box one foot from the original box. That's easy enough to do.
6
6

Made in the USA: MagLite
MagLite flashlights continue to be made in the USA even though the owner knows that he could make more money by manufacturing overseas. need more companies like this. Perce
29
29

Dont leave car battery charger in rain
I was charging a battery on my car and left it plugged in during rain. I put a plastic bag on top but it must have blown off. The charger was not working and it blew the breaker in the garage. When I...
14
14

OT -- New use for Latex paint
"CHEYENNE [WY] -- Brian Mattert thought there was a good possibility police would use a Taser on him when they showed up at his house just after midnight on Sept. 16. So he went into the back room of...
8
8

A/C ODU power during winter
Hi, Our winter is very cold. Should I leave the power to the unit on or turn it off? TIA,
14
14