Subject Author Posted Replies

strange locks
?Perhaps someone can fill me in on the manufacturer of some very strange locks on a house we just purchased. I've never encountered locksets like this before. The mortised part has no name or code on...
3
3

Wobbly faucet
?Our house came with a Grohe kitchen faucet. I don't have the model number but it's a single post-type faucet with controls and flex pipe for the wand all in the same counter top opening. The problem...
7
7

Lighting a pavillion for picnic
This isn't the one where I was, but it's the same general idea. The church single adult hayride and campfire was held tonight. The host family has an aluminum structure some what like this. About 10...
45
45

Speaking of cell phones
If anyone reading is disabled, living on disability or other low-income qualifiers, you may be able to get a free cell phone with up to 250 free minutes a month from:
7
7

Honeywell Q327A AB 8241 nozzle
Anyone know where I can locate one of these? This Q327A AB 8241 nozzle is for a Burnham 204 boiler/furnace. Equivalents may work, however, the only certainty so far is that this one, that looks...

Concrete staining
I have some exterior concrete that I would like to stain. Some of it has been stained before, and is faded. It is an off terra cotta color. The other is fresh and has nothing on it. I know there is an...
2
2

Posts not showing up
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are not showing up. Anybody else having problems?
18
18

And the Kitchen Sink
I've got my kitchen base cabinets made and need to cut out for the sink. I have an old stainless sink, that I would like to replace at some time. Are there any more or less standard dimensions for...
13
13

Wanted: Honeywell Q327A AB 8241 nozzle
Anyone can help here? This Q327A AB 8241 nozzle is for a Burnham 204 boiler/furnace. Equivalents may work, however, the only certainty so far is that this one, that looks similar, will not;
1
1

Cleaning Wood Kitchen Cabinet Doors
I own a rental property that has stained wood kitchen cabinet doors without knobs; they have coved recesses on the edges to serve as finger-pulls. After years of use, grime and oils from hands is...
9
9

CitiBank, Home Depot doesn't like gun makers
"The Warne Scope Mounts Company of Oregon was doing business - the manufacture of scope mounts and components thereof. ... Charles Lake, President of Warne Scope Mounts, submitted an application from...
6
6

OT I thought I was using my credit card free.
I have a friend who just started driving a semi truck. He says that if you use a credit card for fuel, you pay 6 cents on the dollar more. Is this true? A little Googling shows there are fleet cards....
57
57

Home Cleaning
Hi, I am new to the contractor field, recently I have found one job at web portals. I want to bid on that project. But little bit confused on bidding price. link has more project details. Can any...
7
7

Third Key Included with Schlage Lock Set???
When I was installing a Schlage deadbolt recently, I noted that a third key (different finish) was included. Somehow I seem to have misplaced the literature explaining what this key does, but I think...
5
5

How do you get those labels off the vitamin and nuts plastic jars
I've started using the plastic containers for vitamins and mixed nuts and cheeses from Costco but some labels come off easily while others fall into a million pieces. Is there a TRICK to removing the...
27
27