Subject Author Posted Replies

HF new promos
Met my parents for lunch, after church. My Mom the coupon clipper had a bunch of Harbor freight ads. A couple offered free set of screw drivers. A couple offered free bar clamp. Neat stuff. The screw...
2
2

Tip: Cutting laminate on table saw
Here's the tip: for smoothest cuts, cut plastic laminate *upside down* on a table saw (face down). Discovered this by accident the other day trimming a piece of Pergo flooring. I had to cut it...
5
5

InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked
I'd never run into this failure before, have any of you? SWMBO reported finding water on the floor of the cabinet under the kitchen sink at 10:30 PM one evening last week. Taking a look see with a...
30
30

Do low-speed fans on new warm air oil furnaces run all the time?
Do low-speed fans on new warm air oil furnaces run all the time? How do multii-speed fans in new OIL warm air furnaces work. One webpage said that such a fan might use 200 watts, but the one speed fan...
20
20

Anyone know where this house is?
road looks like it goes through the house. It is hard to tell if it is a road or just his driveway.
19
19

Took out the old Furnace
When my Heat Pump was installed a few years ago we just pulled the old fuel oil furnace over to the side. I'm going to make a run to the scrap metal place next week so I decided to take the old...
13
13

leaky oil burner considering replacement
Hi all, I'm brand new to this hub, I'm also in a bit of a bind. My 27 year old base board water, oil burner with a domestic hot water coil is leaking water from the bottom of the unit from the heating...
6
6

Old Briggs/Stratton
21" Yard Machines push mower with 4.5 hp Briggs/Stratton Quattro, about 12 years old. Yesterday I pulled/sharpened the blade, cleaned the air filter, and changed the oil. Old oil looked about the same...
18
18

Outdoor porch ceiling fan
Considering adding one. It's a screened porch with a plywood ceiling. There is no good access above but there is a light already in the right place so the electric can be used without removing...
19
19

Brain teaser for concrete experts - the 28 day cure?
If concrete cures in about 28 days to about 90% of its ultimate strength, and the concrete has a rated strength when fully cured of 4000 psi, why is it necessary to wait two weeks after pouring to...
11
11

Matching the battery to the task
Subject: Matching the Battery to the Task Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 7:25 PM On 4 Aug 2001 01:26:44 GMT, in Dante'

"Heatballs" - Their time has come
Heh! [BERLIN] Siegfried Rotthaeuser and his brother-in-law have come up with a legal way of importing and distributing 75 and 100 watt light bulbs -- by producing them in China, importing them as...
6
6

NEC Code question breaker box covers
Geez guys, I seem to be asking as many as I am answering these days. Interior breaker box in an alcove: is the swinging door that covers the breakers required? I have one in an alcove created for a...
12
12

Shut Off Valves
I'm plumbing in the kitchen and getting to the sink. It's all going CPVC to braided line. I don't want to have future trouble with the shutoff valves. Is there any difference between the 1/4 turn and...
9
9

Saw - Short Work Stands
This might come in handy for some. I recently bought a small compound miter saw to put up some new crown molding and redo door trim in the living room and hallway. Didn't buy a stand for it because I...