Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - How many treaters?
I had 24 trick or treaters, tonight. I didn't keep track, but it was mostly the standard costumes. Jack the ripper, pumpkin face, and so on. One girl maybe 13 or so in a power wheel chair. I offered...
39
39

help in selecting in-ground pool equipment
is there an online forum or some place where I could research equipment experiences of swimming pool owners? Akin to a "consumer reports" for pumps, filters, automatic controllers, salinators, etc I...
12
12

OT (Way off) Newsgroups readers
I sure would appreciate a little advice from some of you more knowledgeable computer users than myself. Recently, I moved to Windows 7. They no longer have Outlook Express - it is now 'Live mail', and...
43
43

Electrical tape to cap a gas pipe ... UNBELIEVABLE !!!
Now I seen it all. I went to do some plumbing work on a trailer house and underneath the house I found a gas pipe that had been disconnected. There obviously had been another section of pipe going up...
18
18

Convert fluorescent shop light to grow light?
I have a long counter that gathers junk, in front of large windows facing east and under a huge fluorescent shop light. Good place to grow plants, right? Is it feasible (and reasonable) to swap out...
50
50

looking for a plywood/lumber hauling trailer
I have an SUV, but no pickup, and I'm doing enough home renovations that I'm considering getting a trailer to tow behind it, for plywood, lumber, and such. Anyone have recommendations for something...
15
15

How to prevent new books from small bugs contamination
Hi, Recently I find that one of my new book has some small brown dots (about 1mm in diameter). As I also find a small brown bug, whose size is about 1 mm in length but very thin. I can only notice it...
2
2

OT camera battery
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries. Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original. Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.
11
11

What size string for a string trimmer?
What size string for a string trimmer? Somewhere I got the idea that each string trimmer was designed for a certain diameterr, but I have two on which I can find no recommendation. Maybe on one it was...
18
18

Making topsoil
I have a load of dirt. It is probably fairly sterile; that is, not too much humus in it. I want to convert it into topsoil. What I have done in the past is to add peat moss and manure. This seems to...
8
8

Kitchen Faucet Spray Head- need part
Searching for replacement spray head (only - not hose) for a CareFree kitchen faucet. Made by Milwaukee Faucet Div of Universal Rundle about 1982. The so-called universal replacements from Ace, HD and...
3
3

Using House Foundation Wall as Gatepost?
Can I hang a large (say 6' wide x 5' high) swinging wooden gate from my concrete foundation wall? Quality of the concrete is variable - uber-granite in places, talc in others. Old gate hung from a...
6
6

Improving old windows?
Everybody wants to sell you new energy-efficient windows. What is the best that can be done to refurbish/upgrade old wooden windows? I have outer storm panes so I have an insulating air gap. Seems...
10
10

recommendation on 2-speed swimming pool pump
can anyone recommend a specific type or brand of pump/motor, 1 HP max, for in-ground swimming pool? my current understanding is that there are two speed motors that run at low speed (half power)...
27
27

OT: Sugary drinks and diabetes
In another thread -- lost track of which -- I ranted about young girls and women drinking gallons of cokes instead of milk & milk products, with resultant damage to bone formation; early osteoporosis;...
22
22