Subject Author Posted Replies

bullet hole in siding
Home alone, the nine-year-old next door discharged his father's deer rifle in the house. The bullet went through the wall of the house and the Masonite siding of my garage. A plank a couple of inches...
193
193

Heat Surge
As a single senior and not very handy, I still get lots of useful information from this group. So whats the story with the Heat Surge that I just saw an infomercial about? Is it a scam? Does it...
22
22

For what its worth. Repair business should still be viable though.
I agree with almost all of it but there is just one thing I would like to add to that. What people don=92t realize is that The U.S. can close its borders right now to all trade and travel, in or out,...
3
3

Trouble with Water Heater- I think SOLVED
Water *is* getting too hot! I'm glad the shutoff works as this is a Marathon (plastic.) My log says the same thing happened in 2002 and I changed both thermostats. Looks like the answer again. Any...
3
3

Ceramic soap dispenser leaks
This is not my biggest problem; it's just annoying. My toothbrush holder, mug, and soap dispenser are a pattern I really like. However, the soap dispenser leaks, how I don't know. No breaks, just slow...
11
11

Troubleshooting Electric Water Heater
Hello- I was away from my winter home for about 3 months over the summer. Before leaving, I shut off the power supply to the heater and shut off the water supply to the house. This year I did the same...
5
5

Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?
Be it Sears, HF, HD, etc. They often go 6,7,8,10,11,12... Not always in larger sets. But like who would buy an SAE set of any size if it ran from say 3/8 to 3/4 without a 9/16?
119
119

How to Insulate An Underground Sprinkler Vault (2023 Update)
What is the best way to go about this? I have some great insulation that I want to cut and size to fill a small underground area that holds my sprinkler cut off handles. I call it a vault, but it is...
12
12

Gluing Rubber to Plastic
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the rubber feet to access the screws if I...
7
7

Generator Question
I have an 8000 watt, or is that volts, generator that I have had for over 10 years. It has a 16 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. I was getting it ready for winter by changing the oil and filter and found...
21
21

Plumbing project? ? ?
Let me say at the outset that I am well aware that I can get only an educated guess in response to this posting, but I would welcome an educated guess or even pure speculation. We live in a six-unit...
21
21

maytag washer: model#mavt734eww
Having trouble with the washer filling with water and not shutting off after fill level has been reached. Replaced the water level switch with no results. If anyone can help please reply.
4
4

can I change single switch to combo switch
No you can't. You need a neutral for the outlet to work. If there is another two wires spliced together in that box, those would be your neutral, but if you only have two wires in the box, you only...
24
24

Caulk tube saved for next time
I would silicone on a big wire nut, but pay attention to the expriation date, by the time you reach the date its probably not good, buy tubes by buying the earliest date, I had few new tubes that...
2
2

French drain with no outlet
Is there ever a reason to have a French drain with no outlet, or with an outlet that's higher than the collector in the drain? This is in Florida -- north Florida, but still very sandy soil. To make a...
16
16