Subject Author Posted Replies

microwave/oven combo
My DIL has a bake oven with a combo microwave. The microwave died, and the repair guy said that the microwave couldn't be fixed. I find that hard to believe. The unit is not that old. Are there things...
12
12

Can't find Medicine chest with wiring
I have been searching for a medicine chest that comes with intergrated wiring for an outlet and a switch for lights, and can't seem to find one. The store i went to says they don't make them like that...
3
3

Nutone 3003 Intercom
------------------------------------- Does anyone know if I can use an older M&S four wire intercom master (MC350) with my exisiting Nutone 3003 room stations? Basically, I need to convert my three...
2
2

I never throw anything away
Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be...
55
55

What to use for replacement gas can gaskets?
I have several metal gas cans. Have the reversible spout/lid. Over the decades, all the cork gaskets have shrunken to the point they don't seal or disintegrated completely. Not finding any...
11
11

radon sump pipe
I have 2 sump pump pits in the basement, one at each end of the basement about 70 feet apart one in the front corner basement one in the back corner. The one in the back has a radon pipe that vents...
10
10

Compressor Air Regulator
Not exactly home repair but many of you have air compressors. I'm fixing up an old Sears compressor and the regulator is broken. I got a "Campbell Hausfeld 3/8" air regulator" at Tractor supply. It...
5
5

OT Clocks
I just bought a WWVB Radio Controlled Clock. Anyone know how much adding the circuitry to the cost of the clock would be? I would guess less than 5 dollars. Probably closer to 2 dollars. You would...
15
15

Another T-stat setting question
I posted a few days ago about setting temps in an apt building. This is in NYC, and the gudelines are as follows: 6AM-10PM 68 degrees ( if outside temp is below 55) 10PM-6AM 55 degrees (if outside...
8
8

2 prong plug made into working 3 prong plug?
I have some power equipment that needs a new cord. The current cord has only 2 prongs. Can I buy a 3 prong power cord and just attach the ground to the case of the power tool? Is this what the 3rd...
14
14

Best circular saw? An evaluation
By Popular Mechanics they tested had some good points.
13
13

In-wall lighting code?
Hi, Here's what I want to do (in PA). Cut out drywall between two studs. Mount a florescent light on one of the studs. Put a tempered frosted glass panel (in a wooden frame) over the opening to finish...
6
6

Marble Roller Coaster
That'd be my approach, too; very easy to work with. I suppose if the budget's there you could go all-out and get the supports laser-cut, so that the guide rails actually snap into the sockets in the...
3
3

rec.woodworking
Anybody having trouble getting to or seeing rec.woodworking.] I have two different servers and neither one: teranews or seems to have it available.
14
14

early TIVO needs cable???
I see that it's still possible to get on ebay an early TIVO machine with no monthly charge, the Toshiba SD-H400. What no one seems to mention is, Does this require one to have cable, or do come with...
14
14