Subject Author Posted Replies

air compressor
I'd like some feed back on an air compressor. What I want to do with it is to inflate tires on my pick up truck & car, do some air brushing on r/c models and spray paint wood deck rails. I'm thinking...
12
12

auto close gate mod help
hi all I had a little project that turned a regular gate into an auto-close gate. the mod worked, unfortunately, it worked too well. the gate slams too hard and too fast. This action causes the gate...
6
6

ANYONE need high Quality Hardwood floors
The Beauty of wood offering extreme talent and matching entourage of equiptment, versatile custom hardwood floor laying inlays, features, technicle difficulty a specialty Speciallizing in the Hrdwood...
1
1

replacing toilet closet flange
Took the old toilet off and found the closet bolt holts for the plastic flange are broken. It appears there are no bolts holding the flange to the PVC piping. It may glued in. Looked at a repair ring...
14
14

My Heat Pump
Strange, I've had this "Air Transfer" heat pump for four years now. The other three winters, when I turn the heat on even with the outside temps at 40 degrees or better the heat pump would go to...
12
12

LA Spa's Paradise P9116- Heating
Hello, A few months ago I turned down the heat on my spa to save some energy. Now that I want it hot, it tries for about 20 minutes, then stops and flashes 3 little red lights on bottom of control...
1
1

Need advice about chimney sweeps' recommendations.
Well, the chimney sweeps just left and it didnt' go anywhere near how I would expect. So I need advice form you guys on several things. Specific qustions are farther down, in the second part that's...
6
6

Thermostat powerful enough for my electric baseboards
I live in a house with electric heat. The baseboards have been there for many years and are working fine. The thermostat in my bedroom is not working well, the dial is very loose so you can't really...
5
5

What’s good for the fast food salesman isn’t goo d for the air-conditioning technician.
one should probably investigate what the differences are before asking this inane question. freon is chlorofluorocarbon. that isn't even remotely like perfluroalkyl, even though it has fluorine in it....
23
23

ETQ generators?
I just went to Northern Tools to buy a pair of gloves, and they have their ETQ IN1800i generator on sale for $200. That's the one with an inverter. Does anybody here have one? How crappy is it? :-) I...
6
6

My amazing little Snow Joe blower
I have a little house in NYC so it never really paid for me to get a snow blower. But I'm getting near 60 and decided that I really didn't want to be lifting snow anymore. So last month I investigated...
44
44

Infrared Red Scanning....
.....for the home. Is it worth it? I repaired a loose connection in an outlet on an exterior wall. Upon doing so, I noticed a draft of cold air from under the outlet. Therefore, I temporarily plugged...
16
16

Snow shovels
Anyone have experience with the yellow Ames Snowboss shovel shown here? I like about it is that the left hand has a handle to grip so the hand doesn't slide up a slippery pole away from the blade...
53
53

Sealing around pipes in concrete foundation
Hi.. I'm trying to find a good way to seal around the pipes that enter our house= behind the toilets and sinks because we're having a problem with ants comi= ng through the gaps between the pipes....
5
5

Question on cleaning grout in corner of shower, without damaging tub...
What's the best way to clean the darkened, damaged grout in the corner of my shower without damaging the tub at the bottom? Any ideas on what to use (and how to use it?) Swore we wouldn't let this...
8
8