Subject Author Posted Replies

Yard Machine by MTD Snowblower Problem
I have owned a single-stage snowblower for ten years, and it has been great. For some reason, it easily goes downhill, but driving it back uphill is too much for me. It does a great job of throwing...
19
19

Just had a strange conversation with PG&E about an illegal pole on my property
I just found what appears to be an illegal power pole with telephone lines (yes, a power pole, with telephone lines) on my property that cross the property but do not serve my home. The title company...
47
47

Hairy mold on concrete?
A few weeks ago a pipe burst in my garage and had a slow leak (drips) which I didn't detect for weeks. The wall and a raised concrete area were soaked. I let a fan blew on that area for a few days....
3
3

Can "wattage" trip a GFCI?
I was discussing worklights with a friend. I told him that I have one of these 500 watt units: "I like the idea of these lights, but every time I purchase one for use, they trip the GFCI receptacle in...
74
74

Aluminum fascia
How to correctly install aluminum fascia? With vinyl soffit I am more or less clear: install J-channel, put the soffit one side inside the channel, nail another to underside of wood fascia board. But...
13
13

Warning on umbrella (folding) stroller
I saw the label myself, on tv. Warning on umbrella (collapsble, folding) stroller: "Remove child before folding stroller"
10
10

O.T. When buying fish.
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides. Before...
4
4

inground pool water damange
I have a 16 x 32 inground pool with a sand bottom and a vinyl liner. The liner tore and I have lost about 8 thousand gallons of water. The pool person that looked at the damange told me that all the...
6
6

C2 brand of paints. Anyone know anything about these guys?
Here's the long story. My wife and I have been repainting an entire house the past year. We use for the most part Ben. Moore Natura paints and use CIL for trim or oil based requirements. BM is very...
2
2

Loss of Water Pressure on Hot Side of Moen Single-Handle Faucet
This does not appear to be systemic as the other hot faucets in the house have excellent pressure. The faucet is fed through 1/2" brass pipes and then through flexible armored connectors that are...
12
12

Anti-slip Paint
Hi, Sweepin, shoveling snow lately but thinking ahead for summer. My porch rises about 6 steps and back porch 4 steps. I'd like to apply anti-slip paint, so stairs will be little safer. Any...
10
10

Laminated flooring problem
I'm disabled so I had a contractor laydown laminated flooring in my kitchen - three years ago. He put in a 2" metal threshold between the floor and the carpeting. The problem is that the laminate is...
7
7

John Lewis curtain runners rip off
Some years ago we bought a curtain rail and some curtain runners (the things that slide along the rail and that you hook the curtain hooks into), from John Lewis. Now the curtain runners are all...
10
10

Painting downspout pipes? ? ?
We have brown metal downspouts, but these feed into connectors that come about two feet off the ground. These connectors are some kind of heavy plastic-type material and are white. Dumb question, but...
13
13

Best way to seal gas line threads, Pipe dope, teflon tape, or both?
During my basement reno, I discovered a small gas leak at one of the pipe threads in my gas line. Actually I suspected for some time there was a leak in this particular spot, but could never pinpoint...
34
34