Subject Author Posted Replies

Rating Air Compressors
Its been a while since I looked at home air compressors. Recently, Home Depot has been selling a Porter Cable pancake AC with these specs: 6 gallon, 150 psi max, 2.6 scfm @90psi. There is not longer...
1
1

OT Perhaps, But I Gotta Get Me Some O Deez!
I may lose my mind and order a set. :-) TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
8
8

locust decking?
Has anybody out there ever used black locust as a decking material? It is strong and rot-proof, but it might be undesirable in other ways. I have used small pieces for this and that but have no...
2
2

Oil furnace rating, you were right and I *think* I was too.
Oil furnace rating, you were right and I still think I was too, for different furnaces. We resolved this at the time, but to review, a couple weeks ago, we at first disagreed on how furnaces were...
3
3

If it feeds 6 gph, how come it only uses 18 gpd
Still checking out humidifiers, even though I can only use one model, not this one, and I notice that the poplular Aprilaire 700A has these specs? Water Feed Rate 6 Gallons/Hour Water Capacity 18...
5
5

Can galvanized fittings be used with black iron pipe?
Was at Lowes tonight picking up stuff for hooking up my HW heater this weekend and found out they did not have anymore 1/2" Tee's in black iron for my gas line. But they had galvanized 1/2" Tee's. Can...
49
49

What does it mean when it does NOT say Top Rack Only?
What does it mean when it does NOT say Top Rack Only? I have more plastic stuff to wash in the dishwasher than I used to and have often run out of space in the top rack, while the bottom rack might be...
11
11

Skill batteries?
The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In...
6
6

Manual wheat grinder and well pump recommendation
This may be a tad off topic for this newsgroup, but I'm betting I get a lot of good recommendations. I'm looking for a manual (non-electric, hand powered) wheat grinder, and shallow well pump. I have...
6
6

Humidifiers vs. mildew
Where I live, the weather forecast for this weekend calls for outside temps to fall below zero degrees Fahrenheit. And I find that with the heated indoor air being so dry, during sleep my throat gets...
20
20

Recessed lights in roof soffit
I want to install recessed lights in roof soffit. Can I use ordinary indoor RL housing? The housing will essentially be inside the soffit, not exposed to weather. I also want to trigger these soffit...
10
10

Self priming ???
I just bought a replacement jet pump for a house well. It is supposedly self priming. The definition of self priming isn't what I thought. It is self priming after the intake pipes and volute are...
10
10

opens with light switch
i have 2 1/2 hp door openers and one has started opening when the garge light is turned on and the other has lost all contacts with the remotes any thoughts ------------------------------------- Jim...
5
5

Toilet Question: I have a Toto Clayton GMAX- looking at the Toto Double Cyclone 1.2, anyone have a double cylcone
I have a clayton gmax 1.6- looking at the toto double cyclone 1.2- vespin 2 or drake2... Has anyone used the 1.2 double cyclones?? any info would be great
1
1

Rheem HVAC Condenser Coils Cleaning Guide With Pictures
Since the weather is mild right now during the Florida "winter", I took the time to clean our outside A/C condenser unit and snapped some pictures of the process. It took about an hour to finish and...
2
2