Subject Author Posted Replies

master bath sink gurgle
New house, just built. Master bath vanity has two sinks - both drain fine, but the left one gurgles after it is used sometimes (or maybe only sometimes I notice it). It will give off a "glug" noise...
9
9

Fireplace tile project questions
Planning to tile hearth and brick surround in house built in 1951......old tile was removed by previous owner...the hearth has original concrete foundation and is in relatively good shape, however it...
4
4

Honeywell Chronoterm III
------------------------------------- We moved into our house four months ago. We have a Honeywell Chronotherm III thermostat. Whether we have the air conditioning running or the heat running, when...
3
3

Reversible dishwasher sticker (clean/dirty)
Many years ago, I used to have a little magnetic sticker in the shape of a flower. It was green on one side with the word "clean" and yellow I think) in the other with the word "dirty". It was made of...
56
56

looking for a knife
I originally tried this post in a knife newsgroup, oops, wrong crowd for a do-it-yourselfer.....so I thought I would ask the newsgroup who were a little more like myself, all comments appreciated. I...
16
16

tenant handyman rate
My tenant and I are considering some projects that he would complete -- laminate/tile kitchen flooring, countertops (Formica) and fixtures. In exchange for rent, what's a good hourly rate to consider?...
15
15

Inkjet printers
So, I have this printer the Canon MX700 all-in-one. Which, I would recommend, only as the inks are affordable if you use refurbs and such. Basically $2 an ink cart. But, buyer beware, what will $2 get...
53
53

OT Fed income tax forms
Is it true that the IRS will not be mailing out tax forms (including address labels) this year? ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
19
19

Current Furnace BTU rating method changed from earlier method!!!!!
I wish I could tell everyone with an oil, or gas?, furnace, but this is a start. It seems that the current furnace BTU rating method has changed from earlier method, the one used when my furnace was...
59
59

Do light bulb heat BTUs Equal electric heater BTUs
I always wondered if leaving light bulbs turned on in the house in winter produces the same amount of heat (per wattage) as an electric heater of the same wattage. For example, I know that a 500 watt...
30
30

Why is it Called Pipe DOPE?
I've used Pipe Dope for years, and always wondered why they use the word "DOPE". Does it contain a narcotic or psychedelic substance which will get people stoned when ingested or smoked? Or was it...
20
20

New source for Multimaster (and clone) blades
Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't cost an arm and a leg. They say: If you love your Fein Multimaster...

Will Rock Salt Hurt My Shower Base?
I will using rock salt to help control roots in my drain. I have two choices as to where to dissolve the rock salt: 1 - A fiberglass utility sink in the corner farthest away from where the drain exits...
17
17

Ideas to remove 50-year old 2-inch diamater galvanized "nipple" under kitchen sink
I need to remove an old pipe and need ideas as to how to remove it. The 50-year-old 2-inch diameter threaded galvanized pipe that horizontally protrudes about a half inch from the cabinet under the...
42
42

Quest du jour- seeking T1.25 wire base blue tinted bulbs.
Anybody know a source for T1 1/4 wire base bulbs (NOT LEDs) with blue tint? Trying to replace the lights on the HVAC controls for a 2005 Caravan. Dealer claims they are unserviceable, and wants to...
16
16