Subject Author Posted Replies

Use deep discharge marine battery as emergency power source?
I've been wanting to buy/use a marine battery as a 1vdc power source for emergencies such as ice storms etc Thing is I don't know if there exists a "box" that will contain he battery yet allow USB and...
61
61

More on my well pump
After being shown how a check valve can break and stick up preventing water flow the proper direction, I was sort of 2nd guessing the replacement of my pump. I asked them if they powered it up after...
8
8

how to shorten an exterior door
I have a project that involves substantially shortening solid exterior doors by about 90mm (from the bottom). The doors are Jen weld Windsor win21 with a single glass panel. My question is, can I...
5
5

Brand Recommendations For Bathroom Faucet ?
Hi, Have to replace my bathroom sink two handled Chrome faucet. Are there any general conclusions as to which brands are "best" ? I see HD and Lowes seem to carry American Standard Delta Price Pfister...
20
20

OT Searching Usenet
I was watching a documentary called "Download: The True Story of the Internet:" One of the shows is about search, and Google has made quite a few dollars by showing ads on their search page. It seems...
20
20

Why are bath/shower valves mounted low?
You COULD install a second set of faucets...
1
1

A set of small HVAC questions
1) My next door neighbor had a new AC put in and they replaced the cement pad the condenser sat on with a plastic one. Is there any point to removing the cement one if it's in one piece? Later I saw a...
20
20

Problem with connecting members between roof over deck and eaves of house
Family member's house is settling slightly while the deck in back is not, and the galvanized steel L-shaped members that drop down from the roof of her deck to connect beneath her eaves are not happy...
3
3

OT Whole leaf spinach versus Made with fresh cut leaf spinach
OT Whole leaf spinach versus Made with fresh cut leaf spinach Cleaning my kitchen cabinet I came across a moderately old can of Delmomte "Whole leaf spinach". Also Delmonte cans marked instead "Made...
4
4

Replace DeWalt chuck with quick-change chuck?
Assuming it exists... Anybody know what the name might be, of a quickchange adapter to replace a regular chuck? I would like to remove a DeWalt 18 V drill (DCD760) chuck and replace it with a...
13
13

Ceiling fan controllers
The little church that I goto has high ceilings and has a couple of very old ceiling fans. The ceiling fans are on speed-control switches that look like light dimmers. The fans run too fast unless the...
4
4

No Water From Well
Last night as soon as I was all soaped up in the shower the water stopped. Not really asking any questions, I've troubleshooted it to the pump, power going down and I hear a hum but no water, not even...
22
22

toilet only leaks when plunged
Downstairs toilet got plugged - took the plunger to it a few times, let it sit overnight, then tried it again, and now it is clear. When I was plunging I noticed some water leaking out from underneath...
9
9

Choosing Wood Flooring for Your Home
The floor is often a neglected part of a house, but worth paying attention to considering its ability to influence its entire look. If you are planning to refurbish your home, you should consider new...
5
5

How to keep kaids from fawling down staipps
My kaids keep fawling down staipps. How to stop?
8
8