Subject Author Posted Replies

Sanding attachment for drill
I need to do some sanding in tight areas. I don't have a power sander, so I thought of getting an attachment for my power drill, with a circular sanding disk attached to it. Does this work? I seem to...
9
9

Oh, Yes! jobs
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/Dilbert-FixMyComputer_01.gif?t=1297270225
11
11

Dishwasher TSP
A while back I posted my problem with the dishwasher and received many good tips. Thank you all. My wife especially wanted me to thank those who suggested adding TSP to the new "imprived" dishwashing...
50
50

band-saw blades
What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune? I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade. I mainly plan on using it to re-saw. Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade Thanks for any help....
2
2

Anyone Know What This Tool Is?
Looks like some kind of wood planer to me. http://i56.tinypic.com/123o0ab.jpg
12
12

cleaning mold off floor joists
I'm trying to de-mold my house. The bathroom is over the garage, and I've been sanding mold off the garage ceiling, which is the subflooring under the bathroom. There are floor joists that need to be...
10
10

Case of the stolen snow shovel
Pretty funny! Do you think she knew it was the shovel's owner that did it? Maybe we should look for her video on YouTube - Avenging the Revenge! R
19
19

Question on Murray 200 Amp breaker panel
I have a Murray 200 Amp 40 space breaker panel. I am remodeling my basement and sheetrocking around the panel. Due to the way it was installed, the panel sticks out less than the 1/2" depth of the...
1
1

Pumice removing water chalk deposits
These deposits are usually called "lime" because largely calcium (the basis of limestone and chalk.) Hardware stores sell chemicals designed to remove/reduce these deposits, e.g. the product CLR...
1
1

Strain relief for electrical cord on old appliance?
We have a very old appliance that has an electrical cord with no strain relief. The cord comes out of a square hole in the back. I have replaced the original cord with one that it more heavy-duty, but...
35
35

New Grainger catalog
Got a note the other day that there was a parcel for me at the P.O. Went there and discovered that rather than some nifty-type gift, it was the latest Grainger catalog. Unbelievable. As late in the...
31
31

HF Coupons thru 2/27 - Good Online - Includes MF Tool for $30
WTF , so you work for HF, keep it away from here
2
2

Signs fire ants are under control or gone under house foundation.
Hi, I've posted a few times about our fire ant problem in our house in Central = Texas where in September 2010 we had a full infestation of fire ants within= our newly constructed house. But it seems,...

How to select a cordless screwdriver.
------------------------------------- __!__ -----o----- " " Hi folks, This is my first posting after joining this forum. I'm prepared to purchase a cordless screwdriver for home...
23
23

key ring where to buy?
Hello all... was frustrated recently by a key ring and realized that I'd been meaning to ask for a while where one should buy them. Of course, the obvious answer would be "a hardware store" or "a...
39
39