Subject Author Posted Replies

gutter with low spot in middle and standing water
Now that the weather has gotten a bit more civilized in my area of the U.S., I went on the roof to do a few seasonal fixes, among which was tightening the pins/spikes that hold the gutter in place. I...
20
20

Installing triplex doorbell, one 4wire wire, help with wiring??
Installing triplex doorbell, 4wires, help with wiring?? Can someone please help=85 I am trying to replace a doorbell in a triplex I live in. Three separate bells, three separate buttons. There is one...
18
18

Heat Pump Prices
Hey has anyone purchased an air conditioner heat pump over the internet? I found a ton of different heat pump prices and a lot of new websites seem to be cropping up everywhere so if anyone has any...
3
3

Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest
This is why Japan should have chosen the Canadian CANDU reactor design over the USA GE design: ================================ 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest Damaged...
14
14

Trapped water in pipe while soldering
Hi. This happened to me last year when it took me 3 separate tries, each time resulting in a leaky soldered joint! The water in the pipe obviously kept turning to steam and making the soldered joint...
16
16

120V between Neutral and Ground
I have been trying to trace down where a circuit starts showing voltage between my ground wire and neutral wire. I found the a receptacle on the circuit that is correct where the neutral and ground...
12
12

plausible using backyard oak to make something ?
I am wondering if it is plausible to use the wood out of an oak tree=20 in the backyard to make something ? How to go about it ? or just forget about it ? Short version ... A living oak tree (i think...
32
32

casters on chairs with slanted legs
We have very heavy maple Captain's chairs, with slanted legs. They are heavy and hard to move. Tried putting split wheel casters on, but they wouldn't slide right, we think it's because of the slanted...
3
3

Allister Access 3000
I have an Allister Access 3000 rage door opener with the sensors to prevent injury. I have a Harley Davidson remote door opener sensor that i need to wire into the opener that will allow me to open...
2
2

OT Hiking trail distance
Google has a way to plot a trail and tell you what the distance is, but it is either too complicated or I am stupid or both. I figured out how to do it last year, but I can't' figure it out this year....
19
19

OT Bill Pay
I have been using Charter for my ISP for a very long time. I have my email address tied to bill pay. Because I am changing ISPs my email address is no longer valid. I have started sending my gmail...
3
3

Ot: Press CLEAR at gas stations?
Amici, I tried to check this out on Snopes but didn't find. A friend sent me a warning that when using the credit machine at gas pump, one needs to press CLEAR before and after pumping gas. The...
21
21

How would you set up two 50 gallon hot water heaters in series?
I bought a home a few months ago and didn't even think to look at the hot water heaters. A friend suggested today that I set the temperatures differentially; and when I asked why, I realized I had no...
46
46

OT (???) - I guess...well, it's wood. Maybe on topic. I dunno really.
Lots of things have been around since before Jesus: Prostitution, taxes, and, um, olive oil.
2
2

Moen Shower Knob : Screw Won't Come out
Have a single knob Moen shower assembly, the kind you pull out to turn on the water and turn left and right for temperature control. I believe the knob is broken as it turns completely around but...
15
15