Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaky Faucett
My almost new (Oct. 2010) kitchen faucett started dripping today. First, I took off the aerator and washed it out because there is a lot of sediment in our water. I had not noticed it dripping before....
9
9

OT Live video cam of an eagle's nest (24/7
Sorry for the OT, but this is just too good to miss - Besides, it IS an eagle's home, looks like it could use some repair. This is a LIVE video cam of an Eagle's Nest...it is just enthralling to...
1
1

Indians! Food odor.
My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. It was discovered by the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. The nicest people you'd ever want to meet, but the food! The smells are, let=92s say,...
7
7

Replacing FP electrical panel in Condo (with pics)
I am helping my brother in law renovate his condo. He has an old FP electric panel that I want to replace due to the problems they are known to have. There is a 50A main in the meter room, and the...
40
40

[General] ? on mixing wire sizes
I know there was a recent question here on the subject. My question is a) whether there are certain specific instances when it is permissible to mix wire sizes (according to the NEC, anyhow), and b)...
6
6

Replacement cartridge for "Lifetime" brand sink
I have a Lifetime brand sink - which makes for awful search problems in Google in the way that LyfeTyme would not - almost all plumbing pages have the word "Lifetime" in them somewhere. The cold side...
4
4

mixing wire sizes
Have a bathroom fed by a 20-amp circuit. I replaced the switches from plain toggle to Decora style. The problem is the power feed wire and wires to the lights/fan are #12s. I found it difficult to...
21
21

Conbraco 4050502 Vacuum breaker, repair help, Houston, TX
Hello, After the last round of freezes the vacuum breaker for my lawn sprinkler system needs replacing (extreme water leak under housing). It is a Conbraco Industries Model #4050502, SN CX886. I have...
2
2

Squirrel attacks in Vermont
What has your posting about these attacks by little squirrels got to do with Oren? No wonder the Vietnamese kicked the shit out of you.
24
24

bathroom demo- remodel for old 50 year old home- insulation question
hi, i am demoing my bathroom in my 50 year old house... do I need to insulate the walls before the sheetrock goes in? or is this just for sound? thanks
10
10

Top-loaders the new incandescent bulb
From the Wall Street Journal: "In 1996, top-loaders were pretty much the only type of washer around, and they were uniformly high quality. When Consumer Reports tested 18 models, 13 were "excellent"...
26
26

Government stimulus hurting the economy!
Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan is blaming the lagging recover on the government's intervention! Specifically, he blames Obama and the Democrat's outrageous deficits which are sucking...
3
3

Armageddon is not here.
Jose is likely wrong. Even if the worst possible contamination happens, all life on earth will not cease next year, much less in the near future. Insects, bacteria, and some other life-forms are...
7
7

Prepare for your death - Armageddon is here.
Just on the news. The nuclear radiation from Japan will be reaching the west coast of the USA today. They claim it will be low, but do you believe the government? I know I dont. And those reactors...
5
5

DO NOT drink Green Beer
It's St. Patricks day. Do not drink green beer because it will turn your liver and kidneys green. This is real bad.
5
5