Subject Author Posted Replies

Fix leak in DWV plastic pipe
I have a minor leak in DWV Scheduler 40 plastic pipe joint when tested (sewer line plugged with balloon plug). Unfortunately I cannot cut the pipe fittings because multiple fittings are connected to...
12
12

What kind of glue?
I have a fountain and one of the big saucer things sets on a cinder block. It is not very pretty. I would like to glue some small decorative stones to the cinder block to make it look better. once the...
6
6

2004 Maytag Furnance runs then stops
When the thermostate for the morning goes to 68 (from 60), the furnance kicks on and runs about 1 hour. Then it stops, even though the thermostate temp is below 68. It goes into this cycle: -- big...
19
19

rewiring for DSL
I'd like to rewire the rental's phone lines for DSL. It's a mess of old phone wire running pretty much everywhere. I'll need just two jacks, one for the DSL modem and one for a Vonage connection. Is...
20
20

Old Telephone Question
I watch a lot of old movies from the 50s and 60s. I never understand why it is, when those old rotary dial phones would not work, or someone hangs up, the person on the phone would keep hitting the...
59
59

Camera Repair
About 3 years ago I bought a Canon camera. (It says Canon Power Shot A560 digital camera on the box). I took it to some real special events to take pictures. I took a whole bunck of very important...
11
11

Fuse Box Capacity?
How is it that my main breaker is 100 amp service, and it supplies power to a subpanel that has over 200 amps worth of circuit breakers? That is, if each breaker were pulling the maximum amperage, how...
19
19

Filling in trap under tub with concrete
We have a 12 inch by 12 inch hole in the concrete foundation under our tub = filled with sand that has become a nice home for ants. How common is it to= fill this in with concrete because I can't...
6
6

Push button for garage door opener
I have a push button mounted on the stud next to the garage door. The electrical wires are correctly connected to the push button and to the garage-door opener because, when I push the button, the...
37
37

OT: Long Distance, phone card
I come begging advice. Have only a little land-line here in the midwest US. Used to dial 10-10-xxx for long distance, then the vendor disappeared and I got really strange billings. Tried AT&T (the...
28
28

Troubleshooting an GFI problem
I am having a problem with my GFI breaker tripping when I try to use my boat lift that was installed last fall. The lift manufacturer suggested that the voltage could be too low at the remote control...
11
11

Saving Windows Screens
Everytime I replace a screen, a cat claws a hole in it. I thought the whole thing was futile and I'd be replacing at least one screen every week for the rest of my life. Then I saw an ad on the...
1
1

Plastic adhesive recommendation
Anyone have a suggestion for a good plastic glue/adhesive? I need it to be very strong. Thanks
8
8

OT, Libya, Japan
A) Libya. I assume that when cruise missiles are sent against radar sites, they use the largest payload that works, in order to do the most damage. But if they could find out where kaddafi is, could...
11
11

Leaky Faucett
My almost new (Oct. 2010) kitchen faucett started dripping today. First, I took off the aerator and washed it out because there is a lot of sediment in our water. I had not noticed it dripping before....
9
9