Subject Author Posted Replies

Filling in trap under tub with concrete
We have a 12 inch by 12 inch hole in the concrete foundation under our tub = filled with sand that has become a nice home for ants. How common is it to= fill this in with concrete because I can't...
6
6

Push button for garage door opener
I have a push button mounted on the stud next to the garage door. The electrical wires are correctly connected to the push button and to the garage-door opener because, when I push the button, the...
37
37

OT: Long Distance, phone card
I come begging advice. Have only a little land-line here in the midwest US. Used to dial 10-10-xxx for long distance, then the vendor disappeared and I got really strange billings. Tried AT&T (the...
28
28

Troubleshooting an GFI problem
I am having a problem with my GFI breaker tripping when I try to use my boat lift that was installed last fall. The lift manufacturer suggested that the voltage could be too low at the remote control...
11
11

Saving Windows Screens
Everytime I replace a screen, a cat claws a hole in it. I thought the whole thing was futile and I'd be replacing at least one screen every week for the rest of my life. Then I saw an ad on the...
1
1

Plastic adhesive recommendation
Anyone have a suggestion for a good plastic glue/adhesive? I need it to be very strong. Thanks
8
8

OT, Libya, Japan
A) Libya. I assume that when cruise missiles are sent against radar sites, they use the largest payload that works, in order to do the most damage. But if they could find out where kaddafi is, could...
11
11

Leaky Faucett
My almost new (Oct. 2010) kitchen faucett started dripping today. First, I took off the aerator and washed it out because there is a lot of sediment in our water. I had not noticed it dripping before....
9
9

OT Live video cam of an eagle's nest (24/7
Sorry for the OT, but this is just too good to miss - Besides, it IS an eagle's home, looks like it could use some repair. This is a LIVE video cam of an Eagle's Nest...it is just enthralling to...
1
1

Indians! Food odor.
My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. It was discovered by the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. The nicest people you'd ever want to meet, but the food! The smells are, let=92s say,...
7
7

Replacing FP electrical panel in Condo (with pics)
I am helping my brother in law renovate his condo. He has an old FP electric panel that I want to replace due to the problems they are known to have. There is a 50A main in the meter room, and the...
40
40

[General] ? on mixing wire sizes
I know there was a recent question here on the subject. My question is a) whether there are certain specific instances when it is permissible to mix wire sizes (according to the NEC, anyhow), and b)...
6
6

Replacement cartridge for "Lifetime" brand sink
I have a Lifetime brand sink - which makes for awful search problems in Google in the way that LyfeTyme would not - almost all plumbing pages have the word "Lifetime" in them somewhere. The cold side...
4
4

mixing wire sizes
Have a bathroom fed by a 20-amp circuit. I replaced the switches from plain toggle to Decora style. The problem is the power feed wire and wires to the lights/fan are #12s. I found it difficult to...
21
21

Conbraco 4050502 Vacuum breaker, repair help, Houston, TX
Hello, After the last round of freezes the vacuum breaker for my lawn sprinkler system needs replacing (extreme water leak under housing). It is a Conbraco Industries Model #4050502, SN CX886. I have...
2
2