Subject Author Posted Replies

New valve stems - unequal water pressure
I replaced two old style Sayco valve stems with new of same stems in a tub/shower and the water pressure is weaker on the hot water side. Turning it full on doesn't increase the pressure, whereas the...
8
8

Security lights
I decided I was going to remove the reflectors from my 15 year old, inexpensive (
1
1

Broken drill bits embedded ...
This may well be hopeless. Years ago I built a woodworkers mallet from oak with some lead wool for mass. Worked fine for years, cracked a glue joint some weeks ago. So I'm gonna just drill some holes...
6
6

Replace wooden driveway gate
My old driveway gate -- what's left of it after the termites have finished -- is badly in need of replacement. Online, I found instructions for building such a gate at eHow Home. Yes, I know it's a...
5
5

durorock membrane instead of backerboard for tile
preparing to install flooring tile in the bathroom; need to remove old tile. never done it before so i'm new at the game folks who know better tell me that once old tile is gone i'll need backerboard...
9
9

Leaky Faucet Revisited
Last week I posted about my nearly new Delta faucet that had started leaking. Tuesday a plumber came out and checked and told me that it was still under warranty. He helped me call Delta customer...
10
10

to the poster who recommended...
thanks - it is now installed and I am happy with the design and operation - particularly how the seat is attached in that one can turn the caps then snap the whole seat off. Sheena

Looking for a fixer upper?
Detroit ! Detroit's Population Crashes The flight of middle-class African-Americans to the suburbs fueled an exodus that cut Detroit's population 25% in the past decade to 713,777. That's the city's...
1
1

A Circle is NO LONGER 360 deg.
Since the tsusami and earthquake in Japan, the earth is no longer a 360 degree circle. It's now 359.7262333 degrees. This means that from now on, ALL circles are 359.7262333 degrees. This will also...
6
6

OT? hooking up a DVD player to an old TV
The TV only has the 75 ohm antenna cable input. The DVD player RCA jacks or S Video. They make converters @ $50+ but I went to Goodwill and bought a $5. VCR. RCA cables from DVD to VCR and 75ohm coax...
12
12

OT Crappy banking part 2
I am changing ISPs so I have to change my email address. The first email address I changed was my bank. Well today I got another email from my bank to the old email address that will expire in about 4...
6
6

PEX sillcock hard to find?
I'm going to replace a burst pipe feeding a sillcock (outdoor faucet) with a PEX pipe, and also replace the sillcock with one that has a PEX connector. Surprisingly, the local homedepot doesn't have...
5
5

Can you put a dimmer on rope lights?
Well? I'm going to put them on top of a shelf, between 1 x 6's to illuminate my antique bottle collection from the bottom. Was just wondering if a dimmer would work. It SHOULD. Steve Heart surgery...
14
14

Can Halo Hi-hat junction box be used as splice box for another circuit
Yet another electrical question. Remodeling my BIL's condo. We took down a wall that divided the kitchen from the LR/DR . I need to put in a splice box in the ceiling to re-energize some outlets. I...
6
6

Renewing old Cedar Closit
I have a 40 year old Cedar Closit. Is it too old to sand down the walls to refresh it or do I have to replace the wood? Thanks in advance for your help. Bruce
4
4