Subject Author Posted Replies

aqua mix sealers choice gold question- see streaks on tile
Hi, I just applied some sealers choice gold to my tile... several hours later I see streaks... The instructions dont say that I was suppose to buff the tiles.. would appreciate any help regarding how...

Replacement Windows - joke
From another NG. Bob-tx Replacement Windows Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the Contractor who...

whirlpool dishwasher POS
i have a whirlpool POS dishwasher...about 2 years old. there's a little door that's supposed to close after filling a compartment with detergent. it's now stopped being able to be closed. i've checked...
11
11

Multi-Wire or Edison Circuit questions
Question: (fixed type font picture) L1 N L2 | | | |____@@_____|____@@_____| Outlet 1 Outlet 2 Are these statements correct using the above simple MW circuit? If you lose the neutral and have a lamp...
17
17

Sulfuric acid as toilet bowl cleaner?
Years ago I bought a bottle of sulfuric acid from a hardware store with the intend to open a clogged pipe. I ended up opening the clog with another method. The bottle sits unused. Many toilet bowl...
28
28

Mounting timer & outlet in a box
Ya know those wind-up timers you sometimes (or used to) see in hotel bathrooms for the heat lamps? I need to mount one of those, and an outlet in a metal box. It'll be used for a portable electric...
18
18

Cabinet Refacing
Has anyone hired a company to reface their kitchen/bathroom cabinets? If so, were you happy with the results and can you give me some tips? Many thanks. Kate
17
17

Will the Fan Decapitate a Person?
If you've ever watched the Jerry Springer show, you've seen that huge fan in his studio. I've noticed that the fan turns really slow, but I've always waited to see it speeded up, and watch one of...
9
9

Air Conditioner Unit for Mobile Home
Hi, Im looking for a Grandair or Goodman package unit air conditioner for my 28X80 mobile home. Looking to buy one online and have my brother, a contractor install it. Any advice is appreciated. J
11
11

OT Anyone watched the video advert. on CNN?
The guy goes on and on saying the same thing at the start. I listened for about 10 minutes and almost fell asleep. Something hard to do sitting at a computer. Has anyone listened to the whole thing...

new opener or replace remotes?
I have an old Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener. The model is 139.53615SR, mfg 11/91 the remotes are worn out Is there a place to get a cheap remote - need 2? or time to buy a new unit?
5
5

OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?
OT What does a Tomohawk missile really cost? They keep saying a million dollars, or a little less, but does that include amortizing billions of dollars of development costs? What is the marginal cost...
69
69

walk-in TUB
My wife and I are both seniors I need a recommendation for a walk-in tub
9
9

OT: Harry's in custody
You may have heard about the 50,000 protesters/rioters in London this past week. The were agitating against the government's suggestion that the dole they were taking be reduced. Many were arrested....
19
19

OT: Google failed me
It is raining here and I had no inside project so have been killing time Googling things. One of them was a great restaurant in Santa Barbara at the El Encanto Hotel in the early 70s. I was in SB...
18
18