Subject Author Posted Replies

Bathroom fan vents to attic?
Was it ever acceptable by code to vent a bathroom fan to an attic? I was helping my cousin over the weekend with some minor renovations to her condo - she wanted to replace the fan in one of the...
15
15

Installing bathroom vent fan in condo with common vent (pics)
Doing a reno job in a condo, we gutted the bathroom that had a common duct riser for the condos above. I don't know if there is a fan on the roof or not. But Is there any reason I can't put in a vent...
6
6

Code question - conduit from weatherhead to meter
Hey folks, I'm upgrading my house (in Los Angeles) to 200A service and I am trying to find out some info on code requirements for the conduit run from the weatherhead to the meter main. The city...
15
15

Chamberlain Lift-Master Remote Control Problem
I searched previous posts on this topic and did not find an answer, so if I missed it, I appologize. We have a residential Chamberlain Lift-Master =BD H.P. (Part No. 41A5021- E, Date: 04/00) garage...
3
3

Cheap generator question (what if it rains?)
I have a 3500 watt Chinese generator. Seems ok, runs fine. It says not to run it during wet or rainy conditions. That's reasonable I guess, since I don't want electricty flying all over. But, if I...
18
18

POP/CREAK SOUND from attic/new roof???
We own a block house in west central Florida built in the early 1980's and several years ago we had the entire roof rebuild with mostly new plywood and all new shingles. About six months ago we were...
9
9

repairing wooden gate hinges
recently a strong (very strong) T-storm passed in my area and managed to damage the gate. the screws that held the deck gates were stripped out hinges, the screws were also lost. don't know what...
25
25

Security lights, revisited
A while back I posted asking for recommendations for security lights. I did that because the reflectors on my Heath-Zenith lights were badly rusted and I was thinking of replacing the lights rather...
20
20

Roller cleaner cleaner
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have the sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have difficulty getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them...
6
6

how to fix pictured loose door handle
Greetings everyone, Maybe this is an easy one, but I want to fix the loose handle on the back door of my house. There's a lot of play, maybe about 3/4's of an inch so I'm guessing there's a missing...
4
4

Measuring tape with a lock that lasts
I have a couple of measuring tapes with broken locks, and I have the impression the lock often stops working quickly. Is there a measuring tape with a lock that really lasts? I got a Komelon tape that...
6
6

Do cable companies overlap?
I switched from Charter to ATT because of the bandwidth cap Charter started enforcing. I called Comcast and found out that they service my city, but not my area. Is that usually how it works? One...
16
16

tips needed to painting baseboard next to carpeting
subject line says it all... pull 'em off, sand, and paint would seem to be the best..
7
7

Home Center Storage Cabinets: How they get you.
I bought a 48" ClosetMaid wardrobe cabinet at Home Depot this weekend. 's how they get you...or at least how they got me: At $108 the price was very comfortable. I read the description and looked at...
3
3

OT - Air vid of the wave that hit Japan
Sorry for OT, but this is by far the best vid of the tidal wave that hit Japan. So sadly impressive.
4
4