Subject Author Posted Replies

Screws for aluminum?
I need to refasten an aluminum splash shield to the bottom of my aluminum shower door. Previous screws were steel, I guess, and rusted out. What shall I use to minimize galvanic action? I haven't seen...
16
16

Repairing a USB 2.0 hub
What most likely kill the hub? Could it be repaired in general? It's a Samsung PUH-7000NB.
11
11

My house was stolen
It's not uncommon for people to have small objects stolen. Jewelry, cash, tools, and electronics are at the top of the list. Even larger items such as cars, motorcycles, and furniture are stolen. But...
6
6

Are you willing to pay $2000 to clean up a broken CFL bulb?
Are you willing to pay $2000 (or more) to clean up a broken CFL light bulb? Subject: Mercury Alert WASHINGTON - Brandy Bridges heard the claims of government officials, environmentalists and retailers...
10
10

Triple tap
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. The one I had was actually 6 taps. It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more. I have not been...
8
8

OT--Battery maintainer
Stored my Harley last fall starting mid November. I put a Schaller 1.5 amp battery maintainer on it at that time. Today I fired it up and it turned over like it would while in use. I've owned the bike...
9
9

Hole Saw size
What size hole saw do I need to make a hole to mount an old work octagonal box. Your help will save me time and conversation with people I had rather not talk with in the BIG BOX store. Jimmie
9
9

More concrete paving questions
Still getting estimates on paving the remainder of my driveway. Latest concrete guy comes in and says they no longer use wire mesh, it ends up rusting and then popping the concrete, so they mix a...
23
23

OT, OT, OT - Heart Surgery Survival Guide
I've been posting here for quite a bit, and my main contributions have been to help people with DIY problems. But a few months ago, I started putting my sig on my posts my blog and website on heart...
3
3

Need to replace coax cable. Need advice.
The coaxial cable for cable tv that goes to my second floor tvs needs to be replaced. The coax cable somehow runs up onto my roof, through the attic, and then connects to a splitter in the attic. The...
14
14

Adding a wood stove in this set up possible?
I grew up with a wood stove. I wondered if adding a stove to my house would help out with my propane cost in the winter. I have als heard that some of these can heat your hot water. I would love an...
5
5

Gasoline no longer evaporates
I occasionally use gasoline to clean bearings. I am left with very dirty gasoline. Years ago I would leave the small can outdoors, and the gasoline would evaportae, the dirty can would get put in the...
10
10

HF - Free shipping orders over $100 thru 4/20
The HF bridge is down to $20. m
1
1

OT What is 2.0 Surround?
I have seasons one and two of NCIS on DVD. The audio is 2.0 Surround. What is this? ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
2
2

Looking for ideas for trailer leveling
Hi all I have an older pop-up trailer on a recreational property. The trailer is not going anywhere, we use it for guest acconodations when folks visit. I have decided to raise it slightly, level it...
5
5