Subject Author Posted Replies

Emergency Generator Circuit
We own a 5000/6260 Watt generator that is used for temporary emergency service during electrical outages. In our area (SE Kansas). Outages related to thunderstorms and ice storms are fairly common....
18
18

Anybody used Marvin Tilt Pac(r) replacement sash kits?
Any inputs appreciated, if so (or other recommendations) >>Project is new construction but to match at least in appearance previous ca 1900 double hungs w/ leaded glass uppers but with the facility...
2
2

Happy Easter and Wester
If you live East of the Mississippi, Happy Easter. If you live West of the Mississippi, Happy Wester.
4
4

OT? Wireless Xmtr/Rcvr For Sports Scoreboard
This might be OT, although the solution could certainly be used with a home sound system, so maybe it's not. The background: Our high school just installed a scoreboard for our new Varsity Softball...
8
8

Replace T 12 tubes with T8 tubes?
As my 4 foot T12 fluorescent lights in my shoplights fail, can I replace them with 4' T8 tubes? These shoplights all seem to have electronic ballasts, consisting of a small, sealed plastic package...
13
13

PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted
Hi all, Someone posted a pdf copy of the 2011 National Electrical Code over in: news: Erik
77
77

toilet gases
I recently had a bathroom installed in a newly constructed one bedroom apartment. Ocassionally I will smell strong gases or odors coming from around the toilet base. The shower and sink are also...
7
7

Weather in Delaware, is geothermal heat enough?
What kind of weather does Delaware have, and is geothermal heat with nothing else enough? I have friends who moved to Delaware 6 years ago, and she complains that it almost never gets hot in the...
10
10

Gutter Guard?
I belong to a little 1-story brick bungalow in a midwest US city, built in 1954, with detached 2-car garage. Both structures have shingled roofs. I wanted to install some sort of GG maybe 10 years...
7
7

Leaking Sink Waste Disposer
Insinkerator waste disposer( 1/2 horse Emerson Elec.) drips when dish washer runs or when faucet is turned on. Connecting pipe from dish washer and pipe to drain are both dry. Dripping seems to come...
8
8

OT The Cloud
Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have found a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage. I have started scanning receipts and putting them on "The Cloud" This will...
43
43

Variable speed pool pumps?
In the Polaris pool cleaner thread the subject of variable speed pool pumps came up. Which got me thinking about them again because a friend who has a pool with a single speed pump is considering...
12
12

IP based security camera for outdoors -- Recommendation Needed
Hi.. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood, but we've been hearing of some= occurrences of crime so I'm thinking of adding a couple of outdoor cameras= to the house to pick-up anything out of the...
4
4

Rohl faucet bathroom-----question.. have deep sink bathroom--push up dain doesnt open enough..
Hi, I've got a Rohl bathroom drain- have a vanity, with deep sink.. when I use the push up drain it opens but appears to be too short... question.. I will be getting a longer arm,,, is this difficuult...
3
3

O.T. Solar power.
Will the company still be in business next year. Are hail storms warranted against? Since they can't power the house without the grid, the grid will be there in the interim. If its not, you're SOL...
34
34