Subject Author Posted Replies

OT A push stick for street skating
I recently invented and built a push stick for inline skating (and maybe skateboarding). Some have already been built, but mine is (probably) the first ultralight version that uses an automatic...

Where can I get 15 foot wide outdoor grass carpet?
Last year I had an 10 foot round Intex pool on concrete, with the outdoor "astroturf" grass as padding, and it worked out great. This year I bought a 14 foot round Intex pool so now I need a bigger...
2
2

Why does Lucas Fayne endorse so many contractors nationwide? Ask Intuit!
The answer is here: "That's right - 50 homes. Just Google "Lucas Fayne" and you will find that the first five pages of results are nothing but huzzahs for the gifted men and women who have enhanced...

OT: Printing launches virus?
Can printing a message from a Subject line -- w/o Opening the message -- launch a virus? A while back I got a warning message from a friend about a new virus circulating (verified with Snopes)....
14
14

drywall on ceiling
Hello, I'm renovating the finished basement in my house and when I remove the drywall on the ceiling, I find it is attached to strips of aluminum rather than to the joists directly. The AL strips are...
4
4

Turning lights on trips circuit breaker
The other night I went to turn on the lights at the light switch by my front door and it made some noise and the lights wouldn't come on. Some of the electrical outlets in the neigboring room wouldn't...
38
38

Ready for a new toilet...
WOW I must run out and replace all my toilets........ In this economy they must be nuts..
7
7

Emergency Generator Circuit
We own a 5000/6260 Watt generator that is used for temporary emergency service during electrical outages. In our area (SE Kansas). Outages related to thunderstorms and ice storms are fairly common....
18
18

Anybody used Marvin Tilt Pac(r) replacement sash kits?
Any inputs appreciated, if so (or other recommendations) >>Project is new construction but to match at least in appearance previous ca 1900 double hungs w/ leaded glass uppers but with the facility...
2
2

Happy Easter and Wester
If you live East of the Mississippi, Happy Easter. If you live West of the Mississippi, Happy Wester.
4
4

OT? Wireless Xmtr/Rcvr For Sports Scoreboard
This might be OT, although the solution could certainly be used with a home sound system, so maybe it's not. The background: Our high school just installed a scoreboard for our new Varsity Softball...
8
8

Replace T 12 tubes with T8 tubes?
As my 4 foot T12 fluorescent lights in my shoplights fail, can I replace them with 4' T8 tubes? These shoplights all seem to have electronic ballasts, consisting of a small, sealed plastic package...
13
13

PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted
Hi all, Someone posted a pdf copy of the 2011 National Electrical Code over in: news: Erik
77
77

toilet gases
I recently had a bathroom installed in a newly constructed one bedroom apartment. Ocassionally I will smell strong gases or odors coming from around the toilet base. The shower and sink are also...
7
7

Weather in Delaware, is geothermal heat enough?
What kind of weather does Delaware have, and is geothermal heat with nothing else enough? I have friends who moved to Delaware 6 years ago, and she complains that it almost never gets hot in the...
10
10