Subject Author Posted Replies

how do you measure window sizes for replacement windows?
------------------------------------- *** *** ***....** **...*** **........** **.......** *** **..........*.........** *** **.....** **..................** **.....** **.........** **..............**...
6
6

Diatomaceous earth versus Cellulose for pool filter (2023 Update)
Has anyone used the Cellulose replacement for Diatomaceous earth in their pool filter? Local pool store has bags of the stuff. Very light, supposedly cheaper and biodegradable.
6
6

OT Wells Fargo bank comes up short
Wachovia was my bank and changed to Wells Fargo. Wachovia's bill pay was easy. If you wanted to add a payee you entered the phone number. The success rate was close to 100%. Wells Fargo has you enter...
8
8

Building a fence - Nailer?
SWMBO wants a fence. Phase one is done - cutting down all of the pine trees that died over the winter. Phase two is done - SWMBO telling me I'm an idiot for not making the neighbor pay me for his...
22
22

Driveway
I have a cracked concrete driveway. I wanted to replace the concrete with paver bricks. I found a brick yard selling old (dirty) bricks (with three holes) at 20 cents each. My question is would it be...
10
10

Service at home depot.
According to Leno, Guy in handcuffs, escaped from cops, ran into Home Depot, and asked for bolt cutters. Amazing, Leno said, actually found someone to help him.
11
11

Where to place cold air return
In finishing my basement all 3 of my supply lines will be near the ceiling at 3 different corners of the basement. For the cold-air return, I can either place it in the middle of the room near the...
4
4

Are Circuit Breakers of different brands interchangable
I have an electrical panel with Square D breakers. They are duals, (2 breakers in one) 20 Amps each. One breaker is tripping from time to time for no reason that I can see and I want to replace it to...
25
25

OT-Welcome Wagon people
We moved last month and the Welcome Wagon people called and came over today with a boatload of coupons. Some we will use, some not. Free oil change, free haircut, discounts, or X $ off a purchase. My...
6
6

Hayward pool pump cartridge filter cleaning
Rather than pay $80 for our pool cleaner to replace the dirty cartridge filter in the Hayward Star Clear II filtration system, I decided to remove, clean and replace it myself. I created a quick guide...

Weight of truck on concrete sidewalk
I am having an apartment building gutted because of fire, the contractor wants to park a dump truck on my lawn and sidewalk which is a few years old. The truck is medium size dual rear wheels with...
29
29

OT HIghway Patrol cars
OT HIghway Patrol cars This is especially directed at my fellow old codgers, but anyone can join in. I've been watching reruns of Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford for the past few months. I...
38
38

Comic for the group
a persistent link- if you click tomorrow you will have to back up a day) Reminds me of my childhood. Lock up the power tools? Whatever for? Baby Blues | Comics and Games - seattlepi.com
1
1

Another thing I never knew the name of...
Did you? Methinks they might better be called "sex-change bolts" Sex bolts & Mating screws - Bolt Depot
3
3

Condensate pump pan?
Does anyone know if there is a pan made to fit under a typical HVAC condensate pump? I have a condensate pump in the basement for the furnace and AC that pumps the water outside. I'd like to put a pan...
15
15