Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet seat wrench?
Is there a deep wrench socket that will fit the plastic nuts that come with toilet seats these days?
30
30

Wood rack cover
In need of creating a roof of sorts for a firewood rack. Trying to find that happy median between durability and cost. At the moment I'm leaning towards 3/4x4x8 BC pine plywood. This will be covered...
20
20

hooked cutting blade
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that...
6
6

OT Did people only use bumper jacks?
OT Watching a Patty Duke epiode from 1966, another teenager keeps working under his car with nothing holding it up afaict but bumper jack. There scenes like that. I know I didn't have safety stands...
65
65

L.E.D. string lights
Hi, What's the brightness (let's say per foot) of the L.E.D. rope lights in incandescent-light-watt-equivalent? Thanks, Sam
28
28

OT-Generator Transfer Switch - I wonder if their bosses know
Wife and I have been doing some comparison shopping for a Reliance Generator Transfer Switch recently. We have pretty much settled on the unit; and Amazon looks like the source. Bit, in three stores...
5
5

localized swarm of flies in garage
I'm cross-reposting this to where it will be seen by many more people that the original groups it was posted to ( (I for one have no suggestions for the control or eradication of these flies)...
3
3

garage door issues
-I have a 2-door garage doow with a single torsion bar above. cables came loose. noticed pulley too close to support so had to move it. Have tried to tighten cables but they still stay loose. Does...
11
11

Cutting rubber tiles
What is a quick and easy way to cut 5/8" thick rubber tiles made from recycled car tires? (I have about 60 tiles to cut. A utility knife will take forever).
24
24

1/2 inch anchors for hollow concrete block? Must resist pull out.
A costumer wants 7 foot ceder posts attached to the side of landing made of concrete blocks topped with brick. A hand rail will be attached to the posts and a flat ceder board attached to the top of...
8
8

2-stoke engine questions
1. A 'classic' 2-stroke engine has the carb feeding into the crankcase, where the fuel/oil mix lubes the bearings. What happens to that fuel? It seems it must end up getting burned? If so, does it...
7
7

Is there any roof coating that can be specifically applied over shingles (for the entire roof) ?
Looking for a sun reflective coating that is designed to be put on roof shingles . Anyone know of something ?? Thanks.
31
31

Lifetime of RG-6 cables
How long do RG-6 cables that are not exposed to direct sunlight usually last? How long do RG-6 cables that are exposed to direct sunlight usually last? Thank you in advance for all replies.
6
6

Bringing pool circuits up to code
I've had problems with the pump circuit at my pool. The electrician fixed that by bypassing some other stuff up there and says he won't do any more unless I agree to let him bring the old wiring up to...
13
13

Fluorescents hard to light
I have two adjacent ceiling fixtures holding two 40W 48" fluorescent tubes, both controlled by a wall switch. Sometimes, they go on properly; other times they'll go on if their glass tubes are...
8
8