Subject Author Posted Replies

Is any of this false? Is any of this true?
Is any of this false? Is any of this true? "Most disposals of are of a builders-grade quality, and the blades rust off within two to four years. Dull or rusted blades mean that your disposal may sound...
32
32

Where were you?
We're doing some research on this matter. Where were you when the world ended on Saturday, May 21, 2011? Please give approximate location, and provide details what you saw as the world was anhilated....
5
5

Stock french door
Hi, Looking for an interior door and could spend up to $400/door. My requirements are as follows and please not that all but the last one are satisfied by the $120 Jeld-Wen door you can find at HD....
3
3

bricks or stucco
Hi, my house front wall is made from faux brick (not real bricks). They are falling off now and I have to fix them. Today a guy who does brick work told me that there is a problem that the depth is...
4
4

Leaking Shower Door
Hello, Any thoughts on how to detect exactly where a leak is occurring in a shower when it is not obvious and how to possibly fix it? The old shower door I had did not leak unless it was not shut...
6
6

Clean up OC foam on hardwood
I've got a couple small areas of hardwood floor that caught some fine overspray of open cell foam that was being applied to a vertical duct. What i'm wanting to know is there a product (acetone,...
2
2

Small dimmer for ceiling light
I live in a 60s house with a problem. Normal dimmers will not fit the switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too small. Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch....
18
18

looking for HIGH QUALITY frost proof faucet
I need a couple of high quality frost proof faucets to replace the ~30 year old ones here. The one in the front has always leaked, and the one in the back seems to be plugged with some sort of plastic...

question about hail
Hi, I had some hail recently, which dented the ridge cap on the roof and removed some gravel from the shingles. I do not have any leaks. I looked in the attic and saw one spot where the 1x6's had been...
29
29

Storing an old carburator
I just ordered a new carburator for my Honda lawn mower engine. Since placing the order, I tried some Mechanic In A Bottle and it improved the performance of my mower significantly. It's not 100%, but...
25
25

Arcing conduit-to-HVAC – no shock when touched – what cause?
Ah, but for whatever reason *this* OP's old house with the old cloth covered wires has experienced something which is indicating that it is getting close to the time to remove ALL of the old wiring...
12
12

fan motor in AC won't shut off
------------------------------------- Just want to say... ****** ***** *************** * ** * ** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ****** * ****** * *************** * ****** * ****** *...
1
1

do they make 5/8" extension ring for an outlet box?
I want to laminate 5/8" sheetrock over the existing plaster wall where there are a few metal boxes. Obviously now the outlets will be recessed in the walls after the work is done. Do they make a 5/8"...
7
7

Naive consumer
I guess everybody else knew not to do this, but I learned the hard way. Needed a new answering machine (actually didn't; just wanted one with more room for incoming message). Looked on-line; found...
13
13

Kohler motor on Husqvarna mower
Sears has a sale on a Husqvarna mower with Kohler OHV motor. ?sid=I0084400010000100383&aff=YAnybody had experience with Kohler motors? Comparison of Kohler with (dreaded) Briggs/Stratton?? Thx, P "Law...
10
10