Subject Author Posted Replies

Whole house fan
I am looking for whole house fan with insulated has one of thse installed in house and can recommend?
13
13

Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter
[snip] I've read about those "current wars", apparently at one time "Westinghouse" was used as a synonym for "electrocute".
441
441

New riding mower and questions
Hi AHR readers and posters. I just bought a new John Deere riding mower, nothing fancy, but it's a new way to mow for me. I know that the maintenance schedule is posted on it right under the engine...
16
16

Leaking Hose
Hello, I recently bought a brand new hose and screwed it as tightly as I could (by hand) to the spigot (I've never actually used this spigot before and it's pretty old). When I turned the water on,...
10
10

ideas for water proof
I live in toronto/ontario/canada. i have water leakage in my basement especially in winter. the side of my house is mud and on top of it they put concorete blockes. the grade is good (slop is good)...
6
6

Garage door surface prep
A couple Wayne-Dalton steel garage doors on a 2-car detached garage in midwest US, installed in 1997. Got hit with graffiti. I've been toying with it. Original paint on crinkle-finish doors appears to...
3
3

Sealing blacktop driveway
This is not a do it yourself job, it's 1/10 mile long with a big parking area up top. Everyone seems to use this emulsion that goes right on the freshly washed and still wet blacktop. Guy in town who...
8
8

OT Ventotene and Roman Engineering
::...leftist PBS...? HB last night at two programs,
5
5

Home Heating oil line
Is there another type of oil line that is acceptable to use besides copper? R
3
3

Tree on Property Line
I'm curious about people's opinions on the following not-so- hypothetical situation: If you have two neighbors, call them Dan and Bob. There is a tree whose trunk is on Dan's property, but there are...
45
45

LIVE WIRE - PLEASE TOUCH
I'm all set for this years Halloween. I have a piece of heavy electrical cable laying on my sidewalk with the bare ends exposed. The original project was to put a flashing LED between the wires to...
8
8

Bugs in the pantry
Okay, I thought I had this taken care of but apparently not :( We have these bugs. You know, the ones that are little worm like things that turn into moths? They like grains and stuff. Well, I don't...
16
16

Drainage for cherry tree!
Bought a cherry tree today. Read that drainage is important. I have a lot of clay. Even if I fix up the soil in the hole I make, I'm worried about everything under that. Would it do any good to hammer...
6
6

Alarm System Contacts
Another thread discussing whether a switch in something was normally open or normally closed reminded me of a similar question I have. If I want to buy a reed switch/magnet pair to use as a door or...
86
86

Kitchen design: Can Dishwasher go next to stove?
I'm doing a layout of a new kitchen in a condo. One idea I had was to put the dishwasher next to the stove, but then I was wondering, when we put the granite countertop, where would the countertop...
11
11