Subject Author Posted Replies

Programmable Thermostat Selection
Existing Thermostat: White Rodgers LR27935 (Type 1F56-444). What additional information is needed in order to select an appropriate programmable thermostat to replace this one?
4
4

OT: home repair TV shows?
Check listings on HGTV. Master of rehab/repair is 'Holmes' from Canada. In between the peddlers of overpriced real estate there are others, but they don't get into the nitty gritty like 'Holmes'....
5
5

Box Store [ex}employee Stories
Actually, there are at least two: Right – Funny & True Stories | NotAlwaysRight.com http://www.notalwaysright.comhttp://www.retailhellunderground.com
1
1

What is a relay switch, etc
Hi, Am I right that (at least in the HVAC context), a relay switch is a switch that turned on by a passing current. For example, in the compressor, there is a line voltage cable that's always on, but...
12
12

Sealing oak front door stoop
Our front door has an oak front stoop that I have tried every possible wood stain and polyurethane sealer on the market. No matter what I use it starts cracking very spring and I have to sand it down...
11
11

Epoxy & Constant Water Exposure
I know there are an untold number of epoxy formulations out there, but generally speaking, how does epoxy hold up to contant water exposure (think submersion) at temps between 40 & 180 deg F?
2
2

Chimney repair
At my girlfriends house I noticed one row of mortar between the bricks had been CAULKED. The rest of it looks good but I'm afraid the top is being supported by the house and not the chimney footer....
5
5

Questions About Internal AC Coils
I have a Conquest 90 Max gas furnace with central air. I also have a bunch of questions: 1 - The internal coils have not been clean since it was installed 5 years ago, so I decided to take a look and...
54
54

Replace T12 fluorescent bulb with T8 bulbs?
I am switching from T12 shop lights to T8 shoplights. Still have several T12 fixtures. I bought a lot of T8 bulbs but I am out of T12 bulbs. Can I use T8 bulbs in fixtures that previously used T12...
15
15

20amp GFCI outlet on a 15amp circuit. melted wires
When the hair dryer is on, our 15AMP circuit breaker has been tripping lately to the bathroom's outlet. Sometimes my wife sees a tiny flash when the power to the outlet goes out. I just looked at the...
25
25

Cutting holes in interior walls
my house has walls that are very thick and heavy. Cutting electrical outlet holes and ceiling holes is very difficult. Using a saws all with a big tooth demolition blade, I get maybe 20 inches before...
27
27

? Coldest place in a fridge
In an ordinary refrigerator / top freezer, where is it the coldest; top shelf or bottom? Since warm air rises, it would seem that the bottom would be coldest, but I have heard that the top shelf is...
12
12

Whole house fan
I am looking for whole house fan with insulated has one of thse installed in house and can recommend?
13
13

Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter
[snip] I've read about those "current wars", apparently at one time "Westinghouse" was used as a synonym for "electrocute".
441
441

New riding mower and questions
Hi AHR readers and posters. I just bought a new John Deere riding mower, nothing fancy, but it's a new way to mow for me. I know that the maintenance schedule is posted on it right under the engine...
16
16