Subject Author Posted Replies

jacking up joist
A joist below my bathtub was severeley cut for the bathtub drain plumbing. Picture at can see where it rests on the sill plate at the right. There's only about 2" of joist left at the sill plate. The...
40
40

Painting Question
Hi, Had to open up a hole in our Kitchen ceiling to reach some plujmbing. Will have it re-plastered soon. Will bring a paint sample to local Paint Store so that they can match the ceiling color, which...
23
23

All around fertilizing device
I was at Star Nursery the other day, and they have a unit that will infuse liquid into regular irrigation lines on a timed basis. It was $249 for tank, timers, electric actuator valves, other valves,...
4
4

Keeping a small tree upright while repotting?
I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot. I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will...
9
9

_someone_ left the refrigerator doors open last night
I think my chucklehead son left both doors of the fridge slightly open last night. Woke to a puddle in front of the freezer door and the fridge was running non-stop. Problem is it seems even though...
10
10

Hail Damage - Dealing with Insurance Claim
We had significant hail storm last week where I live in SW Ohio. 2+ inch hail. Major damage to roof, gutter, windows, vinyl siding, and rear deck. I've talked to a couple of contractors so far, and...
21
21

Flooded basement need laundry tips
Ok, so i neglect a vacant house all winter and guess what? The sumps fail. So now i have many sterlite tubs full of clothes (that my wife would prefer to salvage some of) that smell like stagnant...
4
4

What does it mean when a house is condemned?
A guy told me that a friend of his had a tornado rip off part of his roof. The guy intended to repair the roof and other damage. He put up some temporary framing and covered the whole roof with a...
42
42

Chair Railing Question
I am installing a small piece of chair railing and don't have a brad gun. Can I glue the railing, made out of MDF, to the wall, and if so, what type of glue should I use? Can I use caulk, and if so,...
6
6

Choice of Impact Driver ?
I am trying to choose an impact drill (driver) that can install 10 inch Spax lag screws in pressure treated timbers. Although I would prefer a corded model, I find very few corded models on the...
18
18

18v L-Lo battery problem
I got this battery last summer, all went fine and after season being over over for using it, put it in my colder/cooler basement during the past 2 seasons, as I was instructed. A month ago, i...
9
9

wall cabinets
greetings, i am planning on hanging some wall cabinets and am curious as to the height from the floor to the bottom of the cabinets...is there a standard height? there is not a counter top below the...
3
3

Bugs
Last evening, I was bitten again by something. I was bitten about a month ago on my arm, and had a round swelling mound at least two inches in diameter. Red and warm to the touch. Several points in...
17
17

self-propelled mower won't propel
I've got a Craftsman mower (917.372852, roughly ten years old or more)) that worked fine until one day last week when cutting heavy, wet grass. Since then, the self-propelled mechanism has little...
8
8

OT: Senior Texting Code
A friend keeps sending me senior "humor", most of which I delete, but thought this was at least minimally cute. Of course it couldn't POSSIBLY apply to any of US! HB "Because more seniors are texting...
1
1