Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. U.S. vs. the World. Dollarwise
<> I've seen houses in the U.S. that make our old farm buildings look good. The vehicles might run on a good day. Duct tape and plastic film is over the windows. And yet, most of us are well off...
9
9

OT. Feet Do Your Stuff
Panic buying in part is drying up gas stations in Britain. <> Footage taken last night in Bromley, Greater London, shows cars gridlocked on a road near a Shell petrol station when an ambulance with...

A really hones auto service department?
Auto dealers have a well deserved crappy reputation for customer service and honesty. This one did the unthinkable. A friend of mine bought a Ford Fusion new in 2010. Now has 30,000 miles. She took it...
7
7

Is one allowed to smoke in a submarine?
Is one allowed to smoke in a submarine? Was he ever?
13
13

OT breaking up a fight
the movies and maybe even news clips, when others are trying to break up a fight or restrain a physical assaulter, they seem to grab his arms and chest and pull him back. Isn't it easier and more...
8
8

entering car without a key, stealing the signal
On NextDoor, someone claims a car can be unlocked by stealing the signal! I can't tell if he's talking about the fob that unlocks the door with a button, or one that just being near the door unlocks...
44
44

keep a sunvisor from swinging to the side?
How would you keep a sunvisor from swinging to the side? When mine, a 2005 Toyota Solara, is against the left window and I turn left, it heads for my head and I have to keep pushing it back. It's easy...
25
25

Front door paint advice sought
Next project on the to-do list is paint the front door. Any advice on what paint that will last and not chip easily? It is a north exposure so it doesn't get direct sun. The current one has badly...
23
23

OT. Jobs That Pay for the Houses
I think some here have seen Mike Rowe's show Dirty Hands. He has a website with some job listings and scholarship offers. <> It says 2021 at the bottom of the page.

OT?? Voting in Garage? California
In another article a man talked about voting in someone's garage. That seemed really odd. Californians still do it apparently. This particular article is four years old. <>
16
16

OT Paper milk cartons
Everyone is acquainted with paper milk cartons, I think. the top at one end, under the pitched "roof" it says "To Open" with arrows to the left and right that say Push up Here. I was in high school, I...
17
17

Indirect hot water heater glycol leak
I have a weil mclain ultra plus indirect hot water heater. I noticed there was no hot water and my boiler was off and low on glycol. I added some glycol till the boiler fired up then there was glycol...
1
1

Power
When I received this for my church i took it out and the power button would not cut anything on. Nothing looked damaged and when i took the top off everything looked fine. Took it to work to someone...

Natural latex
quality 100% natural latex distinguishes itself as the most durable mattress material available. Am I to believe that they make a whole mattress out of natural latex. I thought that went out when the...

Terminal Box term
I want to put a terminal box under the meter box on this pole.  What's the term for a terminal box that is made to have a hub on the top? I've found a lot of boxes but none seem to be what I want....
9
9