Subject Author Posted Replies

soil vent colr on roof
I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where replaced with black ,except my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there some kind sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?
5
5

Cement backer board -- How and why did they do this?
I've just started remodeling a tiled shower. According to a video I saw on line, once the tiles have been removed the screws holding the backer board to the studs should be visible and can be removed,...
7
7

I have a chance to buy a 50 TV for 200 bucks
My niece says a friend needs the money. My Google searches didn't turn up anything that seemed reliable. How do you find out if the TV is legit?
24
24

Cleaning a trigger-start torch?
My bernzomatic trigger-start torch ignites, but then the flame goes out within 2 seconds even though gas is obviously still flowing. I use the torch to sweat copper pipes, but very infrequently. Is...
7
7

Bad toilet cut-off lever ? ? ?
Problem with Kohler single-unit toilet: The cut-off lever at the top of the flushing mechanism sticks. The float doesn't force it up even when the float is completely covered with water. I have to...

7200 Ways Your New Roof Can Fail!
Get ready! The numbers of roofs that have leak problems are about to become obvious with this years severe weather. If the area you live in is like Cincinnati Ohio, it's not just roofers who will be...
7
7

Convert gas range to LP gas
Looking to replace a gas range. Present setup uses LP gas. I know that most new appliances come with a conversion kit. Question for now is how tricky is that to do? Everything I've read suggests it is...
7
7

tire inflator repair
I have Craftsman battery-powered tire inflator. It can be charged either from a car cigarette lighter or by house current. I really like it and I have had it for several years. The hose got old and...
10
10

Sump Pump problem
A little background... I bought my house with a full finished basement in 2004. A sump pump is located in the boiler room and is there for the toilet, sink and shower in the basement bathroom We never...
36
36

No stop on this saw.
http://search.jocohistory.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/ophs

replacement switch for a Pro Standard pedestal fan?
I have a Pro Standard pedestal fan that was purchased from Lowes probably 8-10 years ago. It has good velocity and fairly sturdy construction (metal blades, etc)- except for the 3 speed switch which...
10
10

Washer not filling all the way
Have an approximately 10 year old Whirlpool top load washer. It's not filling as full as it used to on "Super size" setting. Where should I be looking to DIY repair this? Is the fill level based on a...
3
3

40:1 or 50:1 two-stroke tools (what to do if you have both)?
I have 40:1 and 50:1 two-stroke tools - which I'm inclined to use the same fuel for all of them. What do you do given some two-stroke tools are 40:1 while others are 50:1? a) Do you maintain two...
70
70

Pool hose 1 1/2 inch diameter at 60 feet (or two smaller hoses linked together?)
Anyone here have experience with pool hoses? The length 'needed' is 60 feet of 1 1/2 inch hose. Leslie's pool supply says you can only get 35 feet of 1 1/2; if I want 60 feet, it jumps to 2 inch hose...
20
20

window mounted a/c unit
my 3 year old haier a/c unit stopped working and instead of tossing it i am going to fart around with it to see if i can get it going. when i plug in the power cord i hear an audible beep, the power...
20
20