Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Three Counties Show (UK).
harry wrote in news:9aab78a3-784e-4b08-995e- "Chevrolet", not "Chevrolette". It's a French name. Only one "v" in "Chevy", ya Limey. Now go away and drive your Voxell.
10
10

Mounting a Small Tire on Wheel
I'm trying to replace the inner tube in the tire of a "Radio Flyer" child's wagon. I've removed the wheel from the wagon, worked the tire off one side of the rim and removed the old inner tube. The...
24
24

manual hedge clippers?
I'm thinking about getting manual hedge clippers. Has anybody reverted from electric to manual? My first thought is that it'd take a lot longer that way, but I want to ask if anybody has experience...
9
9

How to meet the California law requiring carbon monoxide detectors in (almost) every home by July 1st 2011
California law requires a carbon monoxide detector in every home (essentially) as of July 1st. Since I need to get a few, do you guys recommend any particular CO detector? I'm planning on putting one...
25
25

Stuck nozzle on garden hose
I have a slightly defective nozzle that I would like to replace with a newer one but I can't get it off. I tried grabbing the threaded part at the end with large channel locks but it just slipped and...
13
13

Painting T-111
Advice from the Picasso's here. :) I have a storage bldg with t-111 siding, its never been painted or stained. The "color" is the very weathered gray/black now. I want to paint it a light gray. What...
7
7

Property Rights question...
I have a back fence, that is the property line with my neighbour. On MY side of the fence are thick cedar trees that go about 15 feet high. Scattered throughout the cedars are small trees (not cedar)...
38
38

How do you think this guy does at job interviews?
This makes a statement.............never hire me for anything.
3
3

Painted wood/thickness planer
Will running painted wood through a thickness planer dull the blades?
13
13

Seeking tips about a backyard swing
Let's say I have two large trees in my backyard that are about 61" apart and 69" and 59" in diameter. Unfortunately there is no branch for a swing in the perfect place higher up between them, in fact...
24
24

Was I overcharged?
Recently, I had a tile backsplash done in my kitchen. It required approx. 30 sq ft of coverage of 4 x 4'' tiles.. The guy had to remove my old Formica backsplash, and then installed cement drywall. In...
36
36

Painting Ceiling Problem
My wife and I decided to paint a little-used 10X12 bedroom in our house. The walls had not been painted in 20 years, and the ceiling had not been painted in maybe 30 years. On the walls, we used two...
3
3

Paint color selection software ?
Is there any software from the paint manufacturers that let's you take a picture of the room and try different colors on? I know I can do it the hard way with photo-editors. I'm looking for a "magic"...
8
8

Keystone Kool Deck
We have a pool area with Kool Deck covering about about 500 square feet. It's 20+ years old and needs refreshing. I watched the video on the website and wonder if anyone has experience with this. Do...

Any experience with vinyl floor tiles?
We are starting to remodel my in-laws kitchen and dining area. They have chosen a self stick vinyl floor tile they like for the flooring. I will install whatever they want to use, but my gut feeling...
10
10