Subject Author Posted Replies

wood putty before or after staining
So I bought sandable stainable wood filler by DAP. Feels and acts like wood! This one: on the can, the instructions say stain the wood first. How does that make sense? My plan was to fill in a couple...
10
10

Connect washer to a faucet valve
Hi, I have an interesting project. I need to connect a washer and the only water supply is a 3/8" compression valve about 6 feet away. I cannot replace it because the water cannot be shut off so I...
7
7

HF Multifunction Tool 19.99 Coupon thru 6/26
25' tape measure for three bucks looks like a good deal, too. Can't have too many Mulitfunction Miracle Twitching Tools or Tape Measures....
1
1

OT: Digital camera battery pack
Had to buy a new battery pack for my Canon Powershot SD1200 IS. $39.95 at Amazon (was more at the Canon Web site). This is a ****load of money, compared to cameras that use "regular" batteries.***...
26
26

Minimal Expanding Foam or Mortar?
Some of you may recall my question about repairing this crumbling block: 'll note that there is an entry door to the right of the crumbling block. I ended up replacing both the door (old wooden door...
11
11

shower faucet question
Howdy Folks, This is an odd question. When you turn on a shower faucet that is either off/on or hot/cold only due to turning a dial radially, is there a convention on whether hot or cold should come...
4
4

Two actual home repair questions
Yeah, I know, I am about the last person anyone would have thought would ask an actual on-topic question. Here goes: I have an electrical outlet by the pool that is tripped and won't reset and there...
14
14

AR Anti-Reflective Glass For A Picture Frame ?
Hi, I've spent a lot of time on the web trying to find a source for this, but, surprisingly, I can't seem to come up with anybody selling this as individual pieces. Perhaps nobody uses it anymore ?...
5
5

Concrete patio -- where it meets the house
A friend of mine is adding a concrete slab patio to the back of his house. He has enough experience in pouring and finishing concrete that he is comfortable doing the patio. But, he has a question...
10
10

Reinstall Metal Bathroom Soap Dish?
Last night, one of my teenage kids (who is special-needs & has occasional anger-management issues) ripped the recessed metal soap dish out of the wall just above the bathtub. The soap dish was...
3
3

Alternative to concrete countertops
Hi, We would like to install concrete countertop in the kitchen, but learned that our cabinets are not made to handle that weight. I heard there was another material that's like concrete, but it is a...
5
5

Satellite locating tool
Is there a tool that satellite installers use to pinpoint the location of a satellite - mainly to see if a clear "shot" exists from a given location? ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
23
23

angle grinder specs?
I need to cut a (long) slit in a masonry wall, to fit roof flashing. The wall is solid cement blocks. (No cores.) I've done this before with a borrowed (7") angle grinder, which has since moved away....
10
10

Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan
Hello, I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit (links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that...
52
52

Pool nightmare
The house was already constructed, but... |main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2|71747or:
45
45