Subject Author Posted Replies

The Rockwell Blade Runner
Yesterday I was watching a recorded show, and when I cut it off an infomercial for the blade runner was showing. Since it was a tool I naturally had to check it out for at least a few seconds. Well,...
4
4

MONSTER MUSHROOMS above ground-down-below-ground tree-trunk
Very large tree got sick and had to come down. Then the usual "grinding-down of the stump". (I then paid more and got it ground down even more, to maybe 1 foot beneath the surface.) Around the (alive)...
52
52

How to turn off fire sprinkler?
I live in an apartment with several fire sprinkler in the ceiling. If the sprinkler goes off due to fire or malfunction, can I turn it off after the fire is out? Is it the same valve near the water...
59
59

Wine cellar
Need your help again AHR. In my basement the exterior block wall in the unfinished rec room has a rectangular bump out (about 5' wide x 2' deep, and from floor to just about level with the bottom of...
1
1

Water coming in between the floor and icf walls
We have a house that is half 40+ years old the the newer half was built in 99, when they did that they moved the sump pit to the other side of the house and to the new part. The old part of the...
4
4

Filter Queen
I got a Filter Queen Majestic yesterday at a yard sale for $20. It had the power vacuum head, but no small attachments. It seems to work and has great suction. Anyone have any experience with these? I...
3
3

water pressure (well system)
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray applicator. I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on water house supply from well. I have spare pressure switch, pressure...
6
6

OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.
OT Your opinion? On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach front hotel On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the same city she did, and asked me for...
127
127

Power Grid Freq Variations To Be Allowed
I smell issues arising with this...
70
70

Only 111 volts on one circuit, 118 on all others?
Yesterday my TV went out, and my guess is the power board based on the error code. I measured 111.2 volts on this circuit. All others in my house seem to be 118 volts. Sometimes I plug an appliance...
14
14

sunken dry wall query
it was something we didn't notice unfortunately. recently we had a granite counter top installed in the kitchen. In the process, we noticed that at one section of the counter top, there was a large...
11
11

Portable AC self evaporative feature problems
Air conditioner is a 7 year old Sunpentown WA-1210E. The tank fills (and turns itself off as it should) in only 4 hours. I can only drain out half of its 3 pint capacity. It cools fine however. It's...
7
7

Getting cash at ATM
Dunno if this is considered OT. Let's say you're getting money to pay for home repair Here is a heads-up from David Horowitz, in the new Costco magazine. "When sliding your card into the ATM, wiggle...
13
13

Antique AC table fan not turning in the right direction
I have an antique table fan. When power is swtiched on the motor produces a humming sound. The propeller does not turn even after giving a spin in the clockwise direction. A great force is holding on...
22
22

Inside corner wall crack repair
We had some foundation repairs done recently and our house foundation is so= lid for the time being. A long crack formed down the corner of an inside wall when the foundation s= hifted. It's closed...
4
4