Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint-on repair coating for an old tarp
I have a very old tarp made of some sort of fabric which seems to be coated with some rubber-like layer on one side. [The other side is a once-shinier silver-gray color.] Due to making the mistake of...
1
1

OT Has anyone in the group ever had to verify your signature on a credit card receipt?
If someone used your card without your permission, would that not already be fraud? Just wonder how often a signature dispute comes up.
28
28

Bathroom odors
In one of our three bathrooms, we have a slight sewer gas odor. But, even a slight sewer gas odor is unpleasant, so I need to fix it. The odor is not coming through the shower or lavatory drains, but...
11
11

Need rebuild or replacement electric motor (2023 Update)
Puget Sound area. I have a very old, hot water radiant heat system, with a B & G motor to circulate the water. The motor is beginning to fail, shutting down, with a distinctive electric burning odor....
10
10

Porcelain tile installation as backsplash
If sanded properly, it is okay to install porcelain tile over laminate as a back splash behind a stove? Also, can porcelain tile be installed directly onto solid oak wood? Oak has been part of house...
2
2

Deck above driveway leading to a 2 car garage
We are considering putting a deck on our 20 foot wide town home. The back of the home has a 2 car garage and a driveway and the deck will be directly above the driveway. Are there any special...
9
9

Why?
Got some metal fence posts, they're the heavy duty type for wire fence. They're green, with the top 6" painted white. The light duty are solid green. Why are the heavy duty painted white? Doesn't...
6
6

What is a "Portable Storm Door"?
This might be slightly OT, but then again, maybe I'll learn something: I received an email the other day that I assume was the type of spam where they are hoping for a response so that they can verify...
4
4

painting new sheetrocked bathroom- problem.. removed blue tape and now paint came off
Hi I am painting a new bathroom that has been sheetrocked. Primed it, and just finished the second count of paint.. I taped the borders with a blue tape,, just removed the blue tape but the tape...
5
5

How to cut asphalt? ? ?
I need to cut a trench across an asphalt parking pad, about three inches wide, three inches deep, 10 feet across. (The purpose is to lay a pipe.) I guess I could rent a machine to do this, but that...
16
16

John Deere JS25 lawn mower catastrophic failure
Not sure if this is a good group to gripe about this, but 2 years ago I bought a John Deere lawn mower Model JS25. I always thought that JD equipment was decent quality. This is junk. The blade keeps...
13
13

OT: How to get cops to enforece law
I'm living in a densely populated urban area (alias "Big City"). There is an ordinance forbidding use of fireworks. The flake across the alley is a certified nuisance. Has a black lab that just barks...
53
53

Ping RBM
Putting in a 2nd breaker box for my basement shop. Running 3 wire (single wires) RBW # 8 solid copper on a 40 amp breaker from main breaker box. Do I need a ground wire and would # 14 be allowed. ?...
2
2

Where is everyone
Seems like veryone has gone away, I suspect there is something wrong with the server.
10
10

How to get rid of ants
Hi, Too many ants in the yard(particularly in the flower bed) Any suggestions/recommendations to suppress them? Tried ant baits, power spray, does not seem to work well.
8
8