Subject Author Posted Replies

Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??
I have a vacation property in the mountains, of about six acres, two acres of which are cleared and developed. I have areas away from the house area in which I need water access for watering plants,...
72
72

Sod thickness
I have never laid sod. BUT, I have seen it on trucks a lot. IMHO, I would guesstimate it at about 2" thick, with a mat of sod and dirt combined. I am getting ready to lay 3400 sf of sod. I called and...
17
17

Please caulk safely...
and not like this: really has to question the wisdom of those individuals who consent to such a procedure. Latest News headlines, exclusives and opinion | The Sun

Has everyone given-up on GG?
Nothing for 4 days!
42
42

Working in the yard - constantly tearing jeans - overalls too tight (what do you do?)
What do YOU use for backyard work clothes? My mechanics overalls are too difficult to get in and out of as the zipper only goes down to the waist (I wish they made 'em like they do the Aerostitch...
20
20

Is this roof right?
So we're in the process of doing a big renovation on our house and one of the things that we did was the roof. When we bid the roof I wanted shingles, but was told that I would have to add pitch if I...
5
5

Insulation above carport ceiling sheetrock
This 1990 house has 4 bedrooms, all upstairs. Only the one above the carport is noticeably hotter than the others. I think the most important reason is that the underside is outdoor instead of indoor...
7
7

Dryer won't turn
I posted this about five minutes ago, but has not appeared. Hope this will not be a double-post, apologize if it is, but ignore the other, I guess... I have a KitchenAid electric clothes dryer, Type I...
2
2

Clothes Dryer Woes
I have a KitchenAid electric clothes dryer, Type I with the lint screen on the top of the dryer. Model number keys750Jq1 if anyone cares. A few days ago, I pressed the start button and it did not...
3
3

Air Conditioner compressor Humming sound
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be...
12
12

Concrete Repair Question
The approach to my driveway, at the street/curb area, is cracked at one corner. Three fist sized pieces, in a triangle shape are loose. Should I try to epoxy the pieces to the street then fill in the...

OT: need a keyboard for work
Relief is here. Be the first on yer block to once again annoy the crap outta yer cow orkers. Besides, what did they ever do for you, besides short change you on the collected bill/tip the last time...
5
5

Computers on the way out
Looks like desktop and laptop computers are on the way out. The smartphone with it's always on internet browser is coming in. Use a tablet to connect to your smartphone's own hotspot if you want a...
89
89

To Roundup or not Roundup
I have this little patch of land that backs up to my lot that was deeded to me recently. I have a few areas that I want to plant "regular" grass instead of the stuff that planted itself when it was...
35
35

What's a "Portable Storm Door"?
I received this email the other day. I don't think I've got any "portable storm doors" lying around, so I guess I can't help this guy out. If any of you have one (or more) let me know and I'll put you...
4
4