Subject Author Posted Replies

Dryer noise
My dryer is making a clicking sound like a coin is loose and tumbling but nothing is inside? There's nothing stuck when I open the door and it's never made this noise before. I can not find anything...
5
5

FYI: Craftsman 5/8 in. x 50 ft. All Rubber Garden Hose @ 40% off
You know how to spend my money! But . . . . Free Shipping on orders of $99 or more with coupon code JULY4SHIP. Discount applied in Shipping on orders $99 or more with coupon code JULY4SHIP. Applies...
2
2

General Tools IR Laser Thermometer 9.99 at Lowes
1/3 the cost of the one at Harbor Freight. Some stores are said to have a pallet full, but many if not most are sold out. Lowes item #73790.
2
2

Open tread stair w/ vent under top step. Wrong in Closing Step?
I'm planning my first home project which encompasses replacing the carpetting on the open tread stairs and on the 2nd floor with matching laminate that is already installed on the first floor. My...
4
4

Had shed built but contractor didn't get permit -- now needs to be moved.
We contracted with with the local company to have a small 8' x 8' metal she= d built in our back yard, but they didn't tell us we needed a permit which = we got pinged for. We've only lived in the...
45
45

Turning Brake Rotors
I took my car in for some brake work. The mechanic said I needed new pads, which would cost $235. I told him that was fine and to do the job. A few hours later he calls me and tells me I need to get...
39
39

How to clean Mag-Lite flashlight when Duracell March 2013 alkaline batteries leaked
Do you know what chemical can clean an anodized aluminum Mag-Lite flashlight when Duracell March 2013 alkaline batteries leaked. The flashlight itself seems to be black anodized aluminum. The bottom...
20
20

Duplex Tank Bushing Question
What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did not know which I found to be a bit strange....
6
6

Installing wall boxes for receptacles
I removed the cover plates for several of the GFI wall outlets and wall switches over a friend's house (built 1993). I was surprised that the fronts of the receptacle boxes were about 1/4 inch BEHIND...
28
28

old fingers and tough "safety" triggers
the elderly lady who loves nearby has fingers that are gnarled with rheumatoid arthritis. Meanwhile, electric hedge clippers these days are made with triggers that take a lot more force than years ago...
19
19

Patch for asphalt drive
Anyone ever patch a drive to fix a very shallow depression? Just in front of our garage door, the drive has sunk a small amount (not more than an inch or two) and water collects there. Cold patches...
4
4

Blown in cellulose in new construction
I am thinking about using blown in cellulose insulation for new construction: walls, attic as well in floors between first and second floor and between first floor and basement. I have a lot of pipes...
21
21

Mini-split air conditioning? ? ?
I'm looking for someone who has experience with mini-split air conditioners. At present we have a single standard window unit, 18,000 BTUs, which does a good job of cooling our entire apartment, which...
8
8

Defective Rain Gauge
I'm always worried about flooding after seeing all the floods on the tv news lately. Last week I went to Home Depot and bought one of those rain gauges that go on the lawn to measure water so we know...
7
7

Advantages Of Drywall For Fire Resistance
Drywall fire resistance is a topic that's often overlooked by people who are evaluating different building materials. Did you know that drywall is a phenomenal passive form of fire resistance that can...
9
9