Subject Author Posted Replies

Water pump for residential irrigation from rain-water storage?
What sort of electric water pump is suitable to power a residential sprinkler system fed from rain-water storage barrels? I've got about 340 gallons of rain-water storage contained in a handful of...
20
20

First try at posting photo link...
This (if it works) shows why underground service has lower voltage drop:
9
9

Paint
The store I have used for paint has moved to another town and I have to find a new paint store to use. I live close to Ace Hardware and when I went online the only brand they show is Royal. I don't...
7
7

A/C compressor
Comments are under questions. Could be either, but normally the term means that some of the wiring in the compressor is really shorted. Either to each other or to ground. Probabaly not. Not if it...
9
9

Replacement for house wrap...
A development nearby has several new houses that look like they have been coated (sprayed?) with foundation waterproofing. Something new to me; anyone here had experience with it it? Looks to be real...
6
6

PVC Lumber
I need to glue the edges of PVC lumber, similar to Trex brand. Is there a special glue for this . PVC pipe glue, silicone...ect that would be best for the job. I have sent a couple of emails to the...
7
7

OT- Squirrel dodges a speeding Lamborghini
What inane crap! "It blows your mind"!?? Perhaps the brain of a nervous dust mite. The poor squirrel barely escaped ingesting an asphalt appetizer. No "leap" to it. Apparently, some ppl are easily...
3
3

Magic tool
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the scraper blade for a reciprocating saw. You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into a power scraper. In my...
9
9

How to prune the top of a 30 foot oak tree so it's a 20 foot tall oak tree
I've a 30-foot tall oak tree blocking my view from my bedroom window that I wish to prune the top of. I have a 28 foot ladder and an 18 inch Stihl chainsaw. Is there a good technique for topping such...
42
42

Briggs and Stratton Engine Problem
I have a 2 year old JD lawn mower with engine problems. Runs rough and hard to start. Any adjustments that I can make? Air filter and spark plug new. Gas is also new.
25
25

Lawn Tractor Battery
My last battery (12 V, 340 cranking amps) until recently when I replaced it, never required a charge during the summer mowing season after two full seasons and this season until recently. For about...
7
7

Builder left debris behind ...
.. in the cavity behind the one-piece bath/shower surround of our 30+ yr-old house -- many offcuts of sheetrock and an empty sheetrock adhesive container. I assume they simply couldn't be bothered to...
21
21

toolbox recommendation
does anyone have a good recommendation on a tool box? I'd like to get a bigger one. my small tool box apparently can not take in some of the tools I've accumulated. :(
7
7

OT Wrecker does more damage to the car.
I was watching Police POV on TruTV. I teenager was in a stolen Escalade. When he stopped, he left the car running and in gear. The car rolled very slowly into a fence. Although you could not see any...
1
1

telephone handset cable
anyone know where I can get a 4" - 6" 4P4C telephone handset cable. Its to extend a bit my amplifier box from the telephone handset. I'm having a bit of trouble googling for it. they do have a 4p4c 7...
11
11