Subject Author Posted Replies

tools needed
From the online manual for a GE gas stove about 20 years old. TOOLS YOU WILL NEED . Phillips and flat-blade screwdrivers . Pencil and ruler . Two pipe wrenches (one for backup) . Open-end or...
5

Who knows Smeg ovens?
I have a Smeg 60cm (24in) double electric wall oven that is not a current model. It has a grill (broiler) in the top and a fan forced oven below, the controls are across the centre between the two...
5
5

Testing flush toilets
High on the list of things I really didn't need to know is how engineers test a flush toilet's "load". According to Popular Mechanics, their unit is a condom full of 50 grams of miso paste. "Engineers...
11
11

Magical flood light at Lowe's
Hi, I was at Lowe's today looking for a flood light. They had, what I believe is model SH-6058-WH on display: exhibited a magical feature: rather than turning instantly on and off, it faded in and...
6
6

Metal shed flooring system, use it or not?
We ordered a metal shed kit with anchor kit for use on a cement slab. Along with the anchor kit came a flooring kit, beams over which the consumer lays plywood or decking, or fills with sand. I am...
13
13

New Home Ownership Group
I am ever hopeful to learn about avoiding pitfalls in home ownership. If you have knowledge, I would appreciate learning. Redirecting to Google Groups
5
5

Brambles again
We live in the woods and it can be pretty dark. So about 7 years ago we took out a bunch of hemlocks to the south of our home. Since then we have also taken out a big Oak that was leaning over our...
8
8

Just cut 30-foot tall 1.5 foot diameter oak (how long to dry out?)
I was going to prune the top of a 30-foot oak, but on advice of this forum, I simply chain sawed it down. I cut up the logs into 20 inch lengths of from 1.5 feet in diameter down to about six to ten...
44
44

lawn mower repair question
I am helping a neighbor with his push mower. He has a 6.5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. When I prime the engine with gas using the little button on the mower, the engine starts up with no problem,...
22
22

dirt/grease on good clothes
Got some black dirt/grease off the car, on to my good trousers. The usual trick which solves it, is to work in some Swarfega hand cleaner; and then detergent and warm water washes it away. My problem...
19
19

$1,200 to Epoxy a Single Car Garage Floor?
Supposedly the guy spend $10K to get trained and buy equipment to resurface pitted concrete slaps with that epoxy coating and fleck painting. Says he can restore a floor that's pitted up to a 1/2"...
16
16

Flashligth-screwdriver
Do you know where I can get this flashlight with a racheting screwdriver A friend gave it to me but he can't remember where he got it from.I tried HD,Sears,on line nothing,no name, and made in China...
10
10

Lawn sprinkler system? ? ?
We have a shrub-free lawn about 60 feet wide, 15 feet deep, divided by a walkway. I'd like to get a SIMPLE sprinkler system to help avoid dragging hoses all over the yard. I don't want some system...
8
8

85% OT: Chase Bank REALLY screws customer
Follow along: 1. Washington state man buys house and qualifies for 1st time buyer rebate from IRS. 2. IRS deposits $10,000 in account of record for man (Chase) 3. Chase had already closed the account...
20
20

Cinder block steps and window wells
Hi there. My older home (1957) has an outside entrance to the basement. The stairwell enclosure seems to be just standard cinder blocks mortared together. The steps also seem to be constructed of...
1
1