Subject Author Posted Replies

BR Sink Problem
My bathroom sink is two years old. The drain (the round cover) is stainless steel and is attached to a piece of plastic that goes down in the drain and is supposed to be attached to something -- the...
14
14

Irrigation, of sorts
I'm running a part of my "irrigation" with a hose and some couplers and some sprinklers. It's way out of hand -- too many couplers, too many sprinklers (but they're needed to cover the area). I cut...
6
6

Rerouting DWV - vertical drop?
In my basement my 4" main cast iron pipe comes into the house about 2' off the floor 10' from the corner. It then turns 90 degrees to get to the side wall, then proceeds along the side wall to the...
4
4

In-ground pool question/rant
Last year I got hit with algae early so I got "phosfree" and it cleared it up. Went to a maintance dose of "pool perfect phosfree" earlier this year and the algae came this year about two months ago....
29
29

More on wind turbines
They've entered the mainstream. The winner of this year's Bulwer-Lytton* fiction contest penned: "Cheryl?s mind turned like the vanes of a wind-powered turbine, chopping her sparrow-like thoughts into...
3
3

Fixed my cell phone
Cell phone developed a, um, "stain" on the main screen shaped like a football that obscured everything beneath it. Took it to the Verizon store. Told them "Somebody sent me a kiss and I don't know how...
3
3

New window A/Cs make a slapping, clicking sound
Just got two new window A/C's (Haier and Sharp) units installed and they make a lot of slapping and clicking noises. At first I thought packing material was caught inside the unit. But looking more...
23
23

Needed: Non-Chemical Mole Control
I have moles tunneling under my patio block sidewalk and causing it to sink. I do not use any chemicals for pests, since the chemicals are usually more harmful than the pests. I am looking for a...
16
16

Sod redux
like it took root! Steve Explore deserttraveler's 12 photos on Flickr!

Gas Water Heater BS - "Flood talk"
Had about 6" inches of water in my basement a couple days ago. I'm not too far from O'Hare airport and they measured about 7" inches of rain that day. Most of it came in a few hours. Most rain in 24...
14
14

Bathroom lights off
GFCI tripped?
13
13

Skil SHD77 and SHD77M? Issues?
So I sold some tools that either I didn't need or weren't what I really wanted, and was going to take the proceeds and buy myself a circular saw... figured on getting a Skil 77 because that seems to...
27
27

Inner Window Options
Between my front door and the corner of the house are five windows with only the aluminum frame triple track windows. Three open into the house while the end two open into an enclosed but unheated...
2
2

OT I was looking for an adapter for my battery drill and found this
I frequently make cheese toast. I was hoping to get an idea on how to use my battery drill to make grating cheese easier and found this: haven't tried this yet. I use Cracker Barrel sharp.
5
5

Helpful Hint - Credut/Debit Card Signature
Ever notice how quickly the signature space on the back of your credit/debit card smears or fades beyond recognition, and how difficult it is to re-sign it? It usually happens because of moisture on...
26
26