Subject Author Posted Replies

Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville, NC daycare center
>>> Closer to home, last month a guy tried to remove the feeds from what he assumed was an abandoned factory in an industrial park here in NE PA. Snap, crackle, pop and sizzle for him too. General...
4
4

Anyone use Progressive for home owners insurance?
Good stories? Bad stories?
4
4

Ping Don Klipstein
Don, I'm trying to determine the difference in heat given off by a 100 watt BR-40 reflector flood, compared to a 100 watt BR-40 halogen reflector flood. Typically these lamps are rated in voltage,...
6
6

Roof leaks only in extremely heavy rain
Hello, I've been in my house 5 years, it was built in the 80s and my bedroom is on the top floor. In the past 6 months there have been two occurrences of extremely heavy rains and both times water...
3
3

How to diagnose intermittent tripping of GFCI breaker
we have a GFCI breaker in our breaker box. On that circuit are the lights and outlets in two bathrooms and the garage door opener. I'm not sure if anything else is on the circuit. Intermittently, the...
8
8

Poor Water Pressure at Tub/Shower
My daughter lives in a condo (out of state) and has hardly any water flow in the tub and shower. Her sink and kitchen pressure is OK and she says her neighbors don't have a problem. I'm thinking the...
4
4

Hamilton Beach Blender -jammed switches
My very VERY old Hamilton Beach model 612 blender will not turn on because the 7 push buttons are all jammed. Blender has been sitting on my shelf unused for several years. Since no parts are...
16
16

DIY AC repair
On my way home Wednesday SWMBO called and told me she was outside and the AC started banging so she shut it off. I got home and checked it out - other than dirty contacts everything looked OK but the...
6
6

OT Little trip out this weekend.
Went on and old fart's bus tour to Stratford on Avon. Years since I was last there. Lots of pubs All the Shakespeare stuff where he was born, where his wife lived and the grave with the famous curse....
10
10

Repair vinyl siding corner post
Detached garage facing the alley behind my house. Every once in a while some silly vandalism gets per-per-trated-ed back there. Some weeks ago I find a hole in one of the outside corner posts, maybe a...
3
3

Help please: acacia tree root suckers
I had a black acacia tree about 20 yrs old, the trunk ~14" across. About 5 yrs ago I had to prune it heavily; I took off about 1/3 of the crown during the growing season. Last year, before any growth...
5
5

need to sand some wood work in house- old house..whats a really good mask to use?
Hi, I am going to be painting some trim in an old house.. I need to sand first...whats a really good mask that wont cost too much money? thanks KOS
6
6

Pet odor removal
I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have...
8
8

Why does a built-in gas grill cost so much?
I'm thinking about a small "outdoor kitchen" when I add a screened porch on the house. I'd like to have a nice gas grill built into a concrete countertop, ideally with a burner on the side as well....
13
13

Heat insulation of wood vs carpet
Can anybody tell me if I'm reading this corectly? I want to compare the two materials' heat insulation. According to thick hardwood has an R-value of 0.12 using SI unit (not the US unit). According to...
12
12