Subject Author Posted Replies

replace water heater magnesium rod???
Do any of you replace these anodes and if so how often.
7
7

Hello Kitty Toaster
This toaster: supposed to burn a Hello Kitty face on one side of the bread, but it can't do that unless it's set so high that the other side (the non- Kitty side) of the bread burns. Is there any way...
25
25

Which kind of valve?
While I was out, for only 2 hours, my tank toilet started spraying a narrow straight stream of water out the bottom of the tank. I don't know how that is even possible, since I could find no leak in...
12
12

Guitar Frets: Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear
agents swooped in on Gibson Guitar Wednesday, raiding factories and offices in Memphis and Nashville, seizing several pallets of wood, electronic files and guitars. The Feds are keeping mum, but in a...
5
5

How to board up your windows...
...and other stuff in advance of the hurricane. I especially liked the idea of letting your washer fill, then shutting it off. Viola! Some gallons of potable water. Too, putting your valuable stuff...
29
29

plastic condom of waterproof earphone falls down easy
Hello, I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones, which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose: give me a tip how to affix them better. Thank you Erhy
8
8

Shower Drain - Does This Look Right?
Does this look right? shower was ripped out 2 weeks ago due to water damage in spring this year. Cause unknown (2 waterproofers and 2 GCs have shrugged so far). It rained last night for the first time...
9
9

Leak behind sink, PT2
Was telling someone about the work we had done, where I had to cut a hole in the side of the house to give the plumber access to the pipes in question, and suddenly realized that it looked like he...
5
5

Recommended Brands Natural Gas Fired Water Heater Tank
Looks like I should replace the water heater which I would estimate is a 40 or 50 gallon unit. Do not want tankless. Any brand recommendations? Water is "city" water in Florida. Put in a marathon...
11
11

Good paint for fiberglass canoe?
We have a canoe I built years ago with polyester resin which needs touching up. I am sure there are many conflicting ideas out there, but a few hints would be very helpful. 1. What would be a good...
12
12

Water powered back up sump pump
With hurricane Irene coming, I did not want to take a chance with a wet basement if my power goes out. My sump pump saved me from the last heavy rain, so I know this time it will be worse. I did not...
18
18

OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?
All the oil change places still put 3000 in the window sticker.
148
148

Wirelessly Connected Smoke Detectors: Do They Work Well ?
Hello, Anyone have any experience with those wireless type of smoke detectors ? The type where several are connected, wirelessly, so that if one goes off, they all do. Do they work (well ?) ? Any...

Smoke Detector Wiring, And Electrical Code ?
Hello, I realize that I can probably do the following safely without considering the Code, but I would really like to do it correctly and "per the electrical code". I have three older ceiling smoke...
10
10

Can I buy these?
When I junked my old car two weeks ago, I forgot to remove two parts when I removed the hitch. The guy I sold the car to was going to part it and then sell it to the crusher, and he probably still has...
30
30