Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding an overflow to a bathtub without one.
A friend asked me if he can add an overflow to a bathtub in a trailer home. Many of these trailer bathtubs never had an overflow, which I am aware. His elderly mother has memory loss and is constantly...
6
6

Baby Boomers Give New Hope To Remodeling Industry
My generation will keep remodeling contractors in business for years along with mental health care professionals. ^_^ Angry Grandpa just found out about our firecracker prank... and he's pissed off
2
2

Whole House Fan vs ?
I'd love to get a reasonably priced and correctly installed whole house fan, but until then I am using two 18 or 20 inch floor fans rated at 265 watts. I use one from about 8pm until 6am and the...
27
27

Recliner problem
About 15 years ago, I bought a recliner chair (not a La-Z-Boy) recliner at a department store. The foot-rest has become very hard to raise and lower using the handle. The foot-rest also raises all by...
1
1

ge oven - no bake, no broil
GE gas range 14 years old, model jgbp30bew1ad. No heat on bake, no heat on broil, stove works fine. Last time the oven worked, it gave a pop noise and then stopped working; visual inspection of the...
1
1

Ceiling joist location help, (stud finding)
I own two stud finders and neither is giving me consistent results. Need t= o find all of the ceiling joists in my kitchen so I can install 2 light tub= es and 18 can lights. Symmetry is important....
12
12

OT: Anyone else noticed the saturation coverage of Irene?
In DC, Fox has switched to all day coverage and the other channels were forecasting damage just shy of the Apocalypse for the entire mid and north-eastern coastline. Did the recent earthquake scare...
27
27

StaBil for gasoline
I was told today that Stabil was not too effective with gasoline that contains ethanol. They said there is a new product that works better. ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
24
24

storm clean up
I would think there is for sure. I needed 3 screws for my Stihl chainsaw and went to the local dealer yesterday. Now she's good to go. Figure I might need it to get out the driveway.
8
8

OT: Hurrican Irene? In it's path?
Just curious to share experiences with anyone else who may be in it's path. I'm at the NJ shore here about 2.5 miles from the beach. Right now it looks like we'll probably get 75mph winds. Done all I...
10
10

OT: "Lib" as pejorative
We've all had ample opportunity to evaluate the probable IQ and educational level of those posters who regularly use "Lib" as a pejorative for "Liberal". From the POV of this Independent, it's always...
9
9

OT: Would you report this "illegal"l request?
Possibly a hypothetical situation, possibly not... Bob, Mary and Karen work for a firm that provides care for clients with a certain type of disability. Each client has a "Care Plan" in their file...
44
44

replace water heater magnesium rod???
Do any of you replace these anodes and if so how often.
7
7

Hello Kitty Toaster
This toaster: supposed to burn a Hello Kitty face on one side of the bread, but it can't do that unless it's set so high that the other side (the non- Kitty side) of the bread burns. Is there any way...
25
25

Which kind of valve?
While I was out, for only 2 hours, my tank toilet started spraying a narrow straight stream of water out the bottom of the tank. I don't know how that is even possible, since I could find no leak in...
12
12