Subject Author Posted Replies

Mini-Split Operating Temps
I'm new to mini-split heating/cooling systems. On many of the operating instructions I see: "Operating Ambient The minimum outdoor operating ambient in cooling mode is 55°F, and the maximum outdoor...
3
3

What's behind facebrick?
Just curious about this. I've never seen how facebrick is installed. My wife wanted to hang something on an external brick face on our 1962 house. I drilled in mortar between bricks, careful not to go...
2
2

Stripping NM-B For Use In Wiremold. No Can Do, Right?
You are not allowed to pull the individual conductors from a length of NM-B cable and use them inside surface mounted Wiremold, correct? The individual conductors aren't labeled, so I believe this...
4
4

OT spam call with possiblly honest?? referral
OT I got a call just now with a recording that offered to lower my student loan payments or suspend them forever. Unlike most calls, pressing one just started it from the beginning again. For 3 or 4...

Installing fence
I am having a 6' wooden fence put up in my grandson's backyard. There is a gas line that runs where a post would go by the side of his brick house. Can I attach the fence to the house without a post?
3
3

Vintage Whirlpool fridge - could I have gotten lucky?
It's a Whirlpool fridge model EET-172pk, simple model with freezer compartment on top. I bought it new in 1979, so it's barely broken in. This afternoon it became apparent that it had just stopped...
21
21

OT. Walgreens Closing Five More Stores
in the San Francisco area. It's 22 so far. <> Losing just under $900 at a time to theft must count up after a time for Walgreens. Little old ladies are going to go a long ways for their prescriptions.
2
2

Really Annoying Cell Phone Issue
SWMBO works in a fairly rural area, right outside our metropolitan area. More farmland than buildings. As a family, we share lots of texts and images. When she comes home from work we often talk about...
43
43

Ge washer tub spinning when agitating when I lift lid. Is it still cleaning clothes
GE washer tub spinning while agitating. When I lift lid Is it still cleaning clothes if it does this. I only have a week left before I move and have a new washer

Barnwood Builders Show
I ran across the Barnwood Builders show on the DIY Network. The guys tear down old barns to sell the lumber for use in building houses and such. It might be on the Discovery Channel and Great American...
4
4

OT: Flying Inverted
Came across this video of a Navy Blue Angels airshow with the #1 pilot rolling the plane over and flying inverted- i.e., upside down- at a very low altitude. How can a plane do that? Lift is created...
3
3

tree stumps in the way
I had an evergreen tree that got injured by snow, got old, died, and all but 18" broke off or fell over. I want to remove it and plant a rose bush there, but the roots will be in the way! I have...
13
13

OT. National Holiday Tomorrow 10/11/21
I'd forgotten that tomorrow is Columbus Day. It's also Indigenous People's Day. The Post Office and a bunch of federal offices will be closed. <> President Biden issued a proclamation this week to...
10
10

Why isn't table salt (NaCl) in five pound bags?
Why isn't table salt (NaCl) commonly available in five pound bags? Go to any supermarket or grocery store and you can find flour and sugar and rice in five pound bags. Go to Costco and you can get a...
44
44

OT - What kind of boat is this?
Anybody know what kind of boat this is? Fishing? Research? Yacht? The reason it's blurry is because it was taken at 30x zoom. It's kind of hard to hold a smartphone steady on a moving object at that...
4
4