Subject Author Posted Replies

How can I tell a wood-cutting bandsaw blade from a metal cutting one?
It's been so long snce I put a new blade on my home bandsaw, I don't remember if it's for cutting metal or wood. I should have put a label on the saw, but didn't (because I used to remember such...
14
14

Float Chargers
Float chargers are attached to the 12v in the generator, and also to two 12v that provide back-up for the sump-pump. Neither of these units is used every day; in fact, the sump-pump batteries have...
15
15

OT - Death to Incandescent light bulbs!...and SpongeBob SquarePants
True but most kids will grow out of the Nick phase and move on. However, the lame-ass Red Green audience will remain stupid for eternity. ;-)
2
2

Dangerous trend (2023 Update)
Recently, the vast majority of posts on this NG have been about Home Repair. If this dangerous trend continues, the NG may drive away those courageous souls who post OT's on unrelated subjects. HB
5
5

Minwax: fluke or just "lucky"
Okay, I just got bit for the second time and I was wondering if this is a fluke or something that happens often enough that it should be planned for. Twice I've bought Minwax Helmsman finish, gotten...
8
8

From OP: For Evan
Hi, Thanks for help, as always. It used to work. House Ckt Breaker Not tripped, red and black GFCI buttons both in. Bob
1
1

5 minute limit in the restroom
From now on, everyone will only be allowed to remain in a public restroom for 5 minutes maximum. Anyone who stays in any restroom for more than 5 minutes will be listed as terrorists and shot to death...
14
14

Flashing v/s Constantly ON lightbulbs
I wonder if there is an answer to this? I was watching one of those flashing battery operated barricades they put on road construction sites. The bulbs are incandescent, similar to the bulbs used on...
7
7

1/4" to 1/2" router-bit adapter / sleeve ?
My router takes bits with 1/2" shaft size, and it came with an adapter sleeve that lets me use bits with 1/4" shaft. This sleeve is about an inch long and has a slit up the side. Naturally at some...
1
1

For the canucks: Anyone ever order from thetoolstore.ca ?
I've just discovered this on-line Canadian tool store tonight, and I thought I'd mention it here. Seems they're based out of Leamington. My router (PowerFist model) has a 3/8" shaft and it came with...

Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cable questions
I'm OK with how to wall mount a flat screen TV - this one will be mounted on a wall over the gas fireplace - it's a small fireplace with an insert for the firebox and a metal flue - not a traditional...
27
27

How To Remove Fluoridation From Your Water
your womens and children. Only works with 100% American flags. God Bless the USA. Gun in frig is optional but certainly doesn't hurt. Here is my tried and true method of removing the essence robbing,...

incandescent light bulb phase-out in the U.S. (are flood bulbs exempt?)
The federal government is banning incandescent bulbs over 100 watts this January anyone know for sure if flood lamp bulbs (such as PAR30) used in outdoor light fixtures will be exempt? I'd like to...
96
96

Pipe insulation made of black foam rubber
Hi. I've lots of that black foam rubber pipe insulation, but it's for 1/2" diameter. The (cold water) pipes I need to insulate are 1". I want to insulate them to prevent consdensation in my basement....
10
10

Street faries, new record
There is not much traffic on my street, yet I have a good record of having stuff picked up from the curb. A gas grill took 20 minutes, a sofa took two days. Yesterday, it was my old power mower. Gone...
23
23