Subject Author Posted Replies

FIOS Telephone connection
I am in the process of having my mother's house repaired (to put it mildly) for sale. My DIL had Verizon FIOS put in for TV and Internet and has had the phone service activated. How does the telephone...
26
26

How to connect two things 6" apart?
What can I use to connect two things that are about 6" apart, which won't stretch or break in, I hope, 9 years? My Chrysler Lebaron would turn the car's interior lights on when a door handle was...
5
5

UARS Satellite orbit information (10:15 pm EST)
At about 10:45 pm EST (7:45 pm PST) the UARS satellite should be over north america near San Diego. That's in about 30 to 35 minutes. The following list of cities and (mostly - small towns) is given...
12
12

Semi-OT: Come fly with me
Okay, it's not HOME repair, but some of the techniques are applicable.
3
3

How to know if you have 25 psi
I probably do as the pressure gets the water up to the 3rd floor with no problems. Center city Philadelphia. I guess it is ok. How about this Gerber, worth trying?
7
7

How often to change batteries in electric powered smoke detectors?
Bought a house 6 months ago with all electric powered smoke detectors that have a battery back-up. Sure enough, 3 AM, one starts chirping every 30 seconds. Really pissed off the dog! Seven detectors,...
16
16

Garage Door Opener with Internet Connectivity WTF?
Yes, folks, that's right. Sears just sent me an email titled "New garage door opener with Internet connectivity". The web site linked in the message says "UNPRECEDENTED CONTROL AND PEACE OF MIND....
10
10

chainsaw reccomendation or advice ?
I have done the google searches. Now the internet is filled with 50/50 conflicting advice and reviews. Does anyone her have experience with the big retailer brand gas powered chainsaws ? I am looking...
53
53

diagnosis of bathroom ceiling leak
Water was leaking from upstairs bathroom into the one below. We ran the shower/tub water, the sink, the toilet. No leak. The plumber thinks it is because of defective caulk in the tub. I hope he is...
12
12

queries
Doing the 2nd coat of Minwax Polyshades "Honey Pine" I discovered there was *lots* of dark dark sooty stuff in the can. Looks like a batch mixup to me. The liquid in the can of Klean-Strip Mineral...
13
13

Lawnmower Repair Question
I have a Craftsman 6.6 hp Eager 1 mower model number 917.377320 In the owners manual the model number for the engine is 143.976606 I can't find my owners manual online, but this owners manual has...
18
18

Bottle jack fluids
Hi, I got caught short with fluid in some bottle jacks. They had sat unused for mny years wthout so when I got them out, they were so low on fluid that none of them would rise by more then an inch or...
6
6

Any pressure cleaner wizards?
I have a 5hp electric pressure washer that uses a CAT 3DX pump. The pressure has been falling off and now is at a point that it is virtually unusable. The input filter is clean, I took the unloader...
4
4

OT Cell phone keep check balance
I love high tech gadgets. Although I make very few phone calls I would love to have a smart phone, but because I have little practical use for one, I have a dumb phone. Even the dumb phones are...
3
3

never used a socket wrench
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how...
13
13