Subject Author Posted Replies

splitting axe/maul
Help my first time cutting up firewod. We purchased a truckload of wood but it seems to be awful big. Purchased a splitting axe took a file to it but it only bounces off. Any suggesions appreciate....
58
58

All terrain, motorized wheelbarrow
Video
2
2

OT: arrows on Google search results
There are large (Invisible) arrows next to each result. If you happen to keep the cursor on the invisible arrow, a preview page pops up. It's very annoying. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of...
5
5

painting a metal fascia
I've got some exterior painting to do, where my client has a painted wood fascia about a foot wide with a painted metal fascia covering the top four inches or so. The paint on the metal part has worn...
4
4

water hammer weirdness
I have one of those auxilary spray hose thingies on my sink. It began to leak. When the leak started, so did the water hammer phenomena. Hot, cold, lo/hi flow, whenever I turned on the main faucet,...
3
3

Buy a bilge pump?
Back-up sump pump if you have an attached garage you could run a cord to the pump from your car, at least for a while till the car battery died ..
9
9

Hammerite
Anyone have any experience with this paint. You are supposed to be able to paint over rust with it. R
8
8

ATT 730 desk phone user manual
Needed a speaker phone for some upcoming work-from-home teleconferences, so dug a ATT 730 out of my junk pile. It seems to work, but I don't have a manual. Anybody have one of these puppies, and can...
3
3

Lawn sprinkler popup heads
Two of my Hunter PGP 4" sprinkler heads seemed to be working okay based on the throw of the water. But I noticed both had pools of water around their bodies, so I assumed there was a leak, perhaps...
4
4

Hole maker
So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will this make a hole?". I don't expect much at the walmart...
6
6

Button-tufted house at the Solar Decathlon in DC
videos of the other houses: http://www.solardecathlon.gov/videos_house_tours.html U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011 teams each produced a video walk-through to highlight their house...
1
1

Tree scoflaw
A Scottsdale homeowner is facing fines of up to $2500/day for having the wrong kind of tree in his backyard. The tree at issue could reach 50' in height and was planted LONG before the homeowner...
12
12

Locks not catching
I put in a brand new Schlage door knob on one of my doors about 3 months ago. All of a sudden over the last couple of days, it isn't catching any more to the point where the door opens on its own. Any...
14
14

patch pedestal sink base?
Am helping friend remodel bathroom... we've got it about 80% together now, tomorrow's job was supposed to be to install the sink and then start caulking and shopping for paint colors. Unfortunately,...
5
5

mice nesting in mower
Mice keep building a nest in my riding mower, under the sheet metal housing that goes over the flywheel on the engine. This happens whether the mower is in the shed, outside under a tarp, or in the...
11
11